Join Early Retirement Today
photogram: gay christmas parade & block party
Old 12-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
photogram: gay christmas parade & block party

as much as i bitch about not being treated as a complete human being by society at large, i must say that i am really glad to have been born gay. i'll spare you all pictures from the i'm-too-sexy-for-my-shirt, testosterone-infused muscle bars after the parade, but here's some pics of our little block party. it's fun to be gay.

i almost missed santa as i was walking against the parade traffic. fortunately as i turned to cruise some hot guy i saw santa on back of the first float, turned the wrong way. typical gays, arranging the parade, um, half-assed backwards.

the master of ceremonies skating though the crowd with his date

his date found later, after the tree lighting

the parade (you'll have to excuse some of the pics as this camera doesn't shoot when i push the button, only when it wants to, it seems)

ok, everybody sing with me: it's gonna be an obama christmas without the old you

fun for the children of gay families and gay-friendly families

community support our lower incomed residents

sponsored booths

oops, how'd that get in there

adult entertainment

and entertainment provided by our local elementary school

they corrupted us with christmas carols but we advanced our agenda by having them sing a number from "rent". some of the carols had a distinctive disco beat, really very cute.

while i was listening to the kids, this grinch was complaining about every single thing in the world. the kids were off key, someone walked into his little dog, something else was wrong, i dunno, it was hard to follow all that

but aside from the one grinch everyone else seemed to have a great time

i loved the matching hohoho shirts

and you never know who you'll run into even among a few thousand strangers. santa's helper is the guy who sat in front of me in spanish class earlier this year

i don't know who these two are. seems they just met. it was a very friendly crowd

one of santa's twisted helpers

and of course it would never be a gay christmas without an xmas drag show

see, i told you, it's fun to be gay

gay holidays everyone

"off with their heads"~~dr. joseph-ignace guillotin

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Nice pictures.

Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Don we now our gay apparel...

Shutter delay was the main issue with my old Kodak digital. Second was that it ate batteries...
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.
I totally enjoyed this---seeing people who can still have a great time, even with the economy tanking and what happened with Prop 8. Thanks for sharing (I do think your next j*b should be as a tour guide/planner).
“It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society”.------Krishnamurti
tangomonster is offline   Reply With Quote