Votes: 31 53.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • What? You're kidding, right?

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

O2Bfree

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Our kitty gets a new catnip sock and some extra rounds of treats in her treat ball. The sock is just the end of one of my old socks stuffed with catnip and tied closed. Her treat ball is a whiffle ball. We put treats in it and she enjoys rolling it around to make them fall out. I had to cover half of the slots with tape to make it a bit more challenging. She really likes that thing. She'll sit by it meowing until someone puts some treats in it.

We'd love to give her some special goodies to eat, such as fresh fish or other meat, but she doesn't eat stuff like that.

Is your pet getting anything from Santa this year?

My XMAS present for my new 1 1/2 year old rescue doggie is a DNA test kit to see what is in him besides Terrier and Schnauzer. If there was a breed named "wild man" I'm sure that would be in there too.:LOL:

Birdie.jpg

He also sleeps in "his couch position" after tearing around the back yard........:D

Couch dog.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, aja, your puppy is adorable!!!

Our little maltipoo gets a new toy each Christmas whether he needs it or not. FYI on the doggie DNA test - we found out that our maltipoo is a maltipoochihuahuahavanese!

We have no pets anymore. After losing our friend (dog) 15 years ago, we have not had the inkling for another. To us it would be like losing a child and adopting one to take their place, they never can and they never will.

That said you can get them anything you like, but the only thing you can give them that they appreciate is food. Unlike us they do not get any gratification from material things. If you get them a bed, to them it is just something to sleep on, they do not really need it and probably would not miss it.

So, gift giving for your pet is really a gift for yourself to make you feel good. Now that is perfectly OK, but if you really want to make them happy, give them food.

We used to get our friend a good quality steak on special occasions as he was a meat hound. We would BBQ them together and enjoy them together as a family, along with a variety of other treats. Now that he appreciated, I could swear I could see him smiling as we curled up in front of the fire together after dinner. Happy Christmas Old Man, we will see you again at the rainbow bridge.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Attachments

• Tequila.jpg
    Tequila.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Honestly, as far as cats go we have found the absolutely best " gifts" are pens, crumpled up pieces of paper and boxes from Chewy.

My XMAS present for my new 1 1/2 year old rescue doggie is a DNA test kit to see what is in him besides Terrier and Schnauzer. If there was a breed named "wild man" I'm sure that would be in there too.:LOL:

View attachment 48002

He also sleeps in "his couch position" after tearing around the back yard........:D

View attachment 48003

He's a little pistol! The sleeping position is a hoot. :LOL:

Oh my goodness, aja, your puppy is adorable!!!

Our little maltipoo gets a new toy each Christmas whether he needs it or not. FYI on the doggie DNA test - we found out that our maltipoo is a maltipoochihuahuahavanese!

Thanks, he's a handful too! A young lady up the street from me has a 6 month old Havanese puppy. What a great little dog that is. Sometimes, we walk our dogs together.

Last edited:
I voted yes... but not every Christmas... DD wanted to buy something but I said NO as everything in that stocking we had plenty of...

As someone pointed out, they like things that are not bought for them..

We never bought "Christmas presents" for the cat, but it adds to the fun of the day if the cat is happy too. First on the happy-cat list is a warm place to curl up and sleep. An electric blanket, a fire in a fireplace, a set of warm lights, or a towel in front of a space heater, all work well.

When it comes to actual gifts, cats like the wrapping paper and the box.

They also appreciate cat treats.

Mine used to love to chase, retrieve, and maul pipe cleaners, the big kind that are sold for children's crafts.

What do you give the dog that already has everything? In our case it was about $50 in more of the dog treats he likes best. That should last him about a month.

My dogs have plenty of toys and I rarely give them people food so Xmas is some hard boiled egg which they really love.

We don’t have a pet currently but my daughter does - Margo. She loves it when I come over because I’m the only one that DD will let the dog jump all over and greet all crazy. There’s no way I’d show up on Christmas without a gift for her.

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 3
I didn't vote. It has been many years since a household pet was sharing their house with us. Our one son's family has an English Lab. They drove down here last weekend for our family Christmas. Maggie came down too. Of course, she got a present.

My dog (post #2) was a rescue and never had a home, let alone any toys. When I adopted him, I went out and bought a few cheap doggie play toys. He went nuts when I gave them to him. We play every day with a few of them. You would be surprised how much joy a dog can get with a new toy.

Our little guy gets several new toys each Christmas. We wrap them and put them under the Christmas tree. What a joy watching him unwrap his presents! He likes stuffed animals that squeak. But, his favorite gift is squeaky tennis ball.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 6
It was Christmas every day for all four of our dogs...with no regrets.

Last edited:
Took "our pet" a bit loosely and said yes since we gave a "flat baby" dog toy to daughters family dog last night. A flat baby is a stuffed animal with the stuffing removed. It took her maybe 4-5 hours to get the noise maker out of it. That dog has easy to read facial expressions and it was way happy.

It was Christmas everyday for all four of our dogs...with no regrets.

+1. The thread asked about Christmas so that’s how I responded. Our pup gets the royal treatment (toys/treats) year round. He brings us so much happiness and is a member of our family.

Update: Margo loved her gifts.

Attachments

• IMG_3354.jpg
    IMG_3354.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Our DD was here last night with her pet Alex, He is a little bigger than Nikki but she still rules her Kingdom!
ABLVV84YTuRMVJ1OUN7n6DdaDTSN8SbzAsWLBRxZMHf9aJ_Y26uY10yhHNTJdDDjrAePQWDcStfsfFcOSnj67TzGtbtp2pOvdMGTqYudWmfjAZ5un0zEJOnvkZb0WQiR1f42WSap-2oNmCuGpW82F6UAzaK4psLQbsDsWQknPLV2l6g0fMIU1flYJbPjNkm1pdF5TIXEkHuWWI6Y9cMRVsCMp97DT51Ws2jrCPzaaHVJglsfJC8KrZmhirfGUaiLh-6_baAzCvPm9C8h7OTtkCxy9SwxeiM5PsYF1CQ38VGcIv4Mn1P1JhAi-uodz8MSWIIsyVfBvQRAz5ONtXDRGcZ1lUx5dG5pJ6G1WNKXkc2f1bW6m29tcIzp65EF3s_EhLFAgHpTJiRmkT5ec1P9iBu7xib8Nmwi1zDH3U-WaT458mYEHzU8mdYIZJ_ocHmZipYQ3qijwYhrczig1yIZl6kmt7i-h5pNEbyukxhQd6cILMi4h4wz-FppMr5ugzxB_B09X05meb5SlpY-qpTufLk07s4Oa-158U2gnT1AeTTAY2tt2eANnaOEgLKwWu0SNK9U17Wu-US3dKjcVnHpTUUM7XGJRlUUckjZD1z4v-b-C-3O-hoERurHLW6zftsCylhp-Cn-X0EKMmKv7QmnQB9y0fsrnQ6ejHJo3I8m1qH9jfTfpGWXNJGzo_y3MVs2z1oal7kOl2BKQlI3Tt4KdMLD99jTb89LB5IZB53PXBnZIHUTinmqtQEflLVf0ZXpzJu2YCEiR6yBg-aQXXQoBnxSrBJrZ9rjY0QPSmMAC5Dnb-Dj1ARRHhzB5u5BvqmfuR9lqZWLZyJsjVkUbziXFAzDuTGQH8FCzT5tI0kUB8lqWEew0nCY435_98y1PuKRhuMc6jjNRv8=w986-h739-s-no-gm

Back
Top Bottom