Podcast anyone?

USA

Recycles dryer sheets
What has been one of your favorite podcasts? Why?

Mine: Retirement Talk for Boomers, Seniors, and Retirees by Del Lowery
Why: Short about 8 mins. Covered topics I didn’t find elsewhere. It helped prepare my mind to retire by listening to his personal journeys.

What has been one of your favorite podcasts? Why?

Mine: Retirement Talk for Boomers, Seniors, and Retirees by Del Lowery
Why: Short about 8 mins. Covered topics I didn’t find elsewhere. It helped prepare my mind to retire by listening to his personal journeys.

MoneyTalk with Bob Brinker, I’ve been a listener (radio then podcast) for about 25 years.

Science Friday - Ira Flatow continues what the NPR radio show did for many years
Everything Happens - Kate Bowler (professor and stage 4 cancer patient) does interesting interviews - #7 with Alan Alda is particularly outstanding
This American Life

Coffee Break Spanish. I have been relearning Spanish for the last several years...

Satellite Sisters, love their podcasts! They have a great library of past shows on iTunes and Stitcher.

JRE...the joe rogan experience
The Church of Whats Happening Now
Your Moms House
Radio Lab...if im desperate

Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, the NPR news quiz. More laughs per hour than any other podcast I know of.

Stacking Benjamins
Money in the Morning

The Adam Carolla show. What can I say, I like sarcastic humor.

Fast Money (I don't have the time usually to watch, so I record and listen to the podcast).

Last edited:
For some odd reason, I don't listen to as many podcasts as I used to. But I have been catching up on "Freakonomics" again recently.

-ERD50

This American life & spin offs
Freakonomics
Ear Hustle (San Quentin Prison)
Handel on the Law (where he tells you you have no case)
Clark Howard

Econ Talk
The Remnant
Business Daily from the BBC (Anglo-international view of the business world)
Freakonomics
Hidden Brain
The Federalist (maybe ~75% of the shows)
Fresh Air (listen to ~50% of the shows)
Sound Investing
The Moth
Naked Scientists

Been listening to podcasts for over 10 years. Great way to stay informed of issues of interest and keep the brain active.

Bigger pockets and bigger pockets money
RPOA Grand Rapids real estate investing podcast
Joe Fairless Best Ever real estate podcast
The People’s Pharmacy
Fine home building podcast
What can I say ? I’m a frugal investor and real estate nerd who like holistic health and vitamins!

First season of In the Dark

First Season of Serial

The rest are hit and miss ( some episodes spectacular, others spectacularly bad) including-
This American Life
Freakonomics
More Perfect Nation
RadioLab
Animal Spirits
How to Be Amazing

Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, the NPR news quiz. More laughs per hour than any other podcast I know of.

I usually listen to this on our NPR station on Saturday morning, but I'll catch it on the podcast if needed. Saw the live show in Austin last Thursday night - if you ever get a chance to see it live, it's twice as funny as on the radio (it's about two hours to record the show and a lot that's not appropriate for radio gets edited out).

Health and Biohacking:
Revolution Health Radio *
Found My Fitness *
STEM Talk *
Bulletproof Radio *
HVMN Enhancement (formerly Nootrobox(?sp))
Livin La Vida Low-Carb
Ask the Low-Carb Experts

Finance:
Mad Fientist *
Financial Mentor *
Radical Personal Finance

Woodworking:
Shop Talk Live (Fine Woodworking)
Wood Talk
Wood Whisperer Offcuts

Lately I don't have time to keep up with all of them, so I concentrate on the starred ones. If I have time, I catch up on some of the others.

Handel on the Law (where he tells you you have no case)

Thanks for the recommendation! This guy is pretty funny. "Marginal legal advice, where you are told you have no case."

Wow - there are a lot of litigious nut jobs out there! "The trainer at my gym has been staring at me for the past year. I want to sue for slander."

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation! This guy is pretty funny. "Marginal legal advice, where you are told you have no case."

Wow - there are a lot of litigious nut jobs out there! "The trainer at my gym has been staring at me for the past year. I want to sue for slander."

yeah, he's a riot. His is about the only podcast Mrs will listen to

Scholagladitoria. Hosted by a fencing (traditional, not sport/Olympic) instructor with an academic background in history and archeology. His purview are cold steel weapons and their historical usage.
Although I love Forged in Fire, Scholagladitoria is more informative, and can be much funnier.

Back
Top Bottom