Poll: Would You Go To Your Grade School Reunion?

Would You Go To Your Grade School Reunion?

• What reunion? I Stay in touch with old classmates already.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Yes. I want to go and relive old times

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes. I want to see what happened to my old classmates.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Not now. But maybe another time.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • No. I am not interested.

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.5%

• Total voters

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So, poking around Facebook, I found out that there's a 40 year grade school reunion planned sometime in the upcoming months by some former classmates.

Would you go to your grade school reunion? Or is that something that you have no real interest in?

I probably don't recall but maybe one or two people's names from elementary school and just a core group from high school.

These days, it's easy enough to stalk those I might be curious about on facebook and if any of them seem to have their act together enough to be worth the effort to contact and meet for lunch or coffee, then fine. So far; zero.

So, to answer the question, I would not go to a grade school reunion and it's something I have no interest in.

Probably not. I went to my 30 year HS reunion and was disappointed at how few people I was social with in HS were there. It was a large class (about 1000) and the "popular" kids showed up - but my nerdy brainiac friends were missing. We ended up putting together another reunion (held in my backyard) for our crowd. It was very cool - about 40 people - some traveled pretty far.

As for grade school - I saw some of the folks at the HS and/or nerd reunion... but don't see a lot of people coming back for a grade school reunion.

FWIW - I live in the neighborhood of my grade school - a lot of folks stay put in this neighborhood (a lot of 2nd gen families here.) That said - I don't see a grade school interest.

My BFF from grade school and I reconnected at the nerd reunion. That was good.

I never got that far.

I still keep in touch with several friends from that era but I have no interest in meeting with the people who bullied me.

No way, same group of idiots I went to high school with. Didn't like most then, that hasn't changed. Have a couple of friends from those days, great people, I'll visit them.

Oh yea, that cute little girl in kindergarten, I married her.

I'm uncertain and as of now don't know if I'll go or not. The introvert in me says I have no interest. Plus, perhaps, the past is best left in the past. (I really don't want to see how the ravages of old age affected all of us :LOL:).

Yet on the other hand, the compassionate part of my says to go, as I'm sure some are curious to see how I turned out. A sense of closure, and who knows how many more reunion opportunities are in store.

I did go to my 20 year reunion. That's interesting looking back as then I was pretty new in my career and now that's in the rearview mirror :).

We went to my elementary school reunion. I'm glad that we did it. Many of the people I've also seen at the high school reunions so it hasn't been all that long. What was nice is that it was a much smaller group than the large high school reunion.

What I've learned about these things is that I don't function well in large, loud crowds. I couldn't hear well in the big room but when I stepped out to chat it all worked much better. Also, I wish I was better at names!

DH and I met in high school, so he also knew many of the people at my elementary reunion. Otherwise I would probably have gone alone.

You should go - it's amazing how old those people look!

No interest here - barely still interested in college reunions, having gone to a high school and a college reunion.

The day after my 20th high school reunion, my elementary school classmates got together for a reunion. Virtually everyone enjoyed the elementary school reunion more than the high school one. Our high school was huge and I didn't know the majority of my classmates while I was in high school. However, I knew all of my elementary school classmates, and like most of them. We have continued to have periodic elementary school reunions, and few of us bother going to our high school reunions anymore.

Coincidentally, I ran into someone last week whom I hadn't seen (and I've never had occasion to use this phrase before) in 50 years. He turned out to be one of a type of whom I've run into a few other examples: within 5 minutes of meeting someone after several years, they bring you up to date on people you knew in grade school. Because they felt it necessary to stay on top of that information.
Never understood what's up with that.

No way, I say. I still get invited to high school, fraternity, college, US army units that I have gone to war with etc. reunions.

I say no thanks to them all.

I don't care about your successful business, arm candy gal, new Caddy, vacation house on the beach or any other show-off stuff that you care to brag about. I probably have more than you but you will never know.

So, poking around Facebook, I found out that there's a 40 year grade school reunion planned sometime in the upcoming months by some former classmates.

Would you go to your grade school reunion? Or is that something that you have no real interest in?

Un...no. Waste of time. 7 billion people on this planet. I am facebook friends with two of my grade school friends. That is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

A grade school reunion is redundant in my situation since most of the kids I graduated HS with were my classmates all 12 years. I attended my 50th HS reunion last year.

No. I hated my grade school. I still keep in close touch with my high school classmates and my college sorority sisters, though.

Went to my 45th HS reunion. Essentially spent $100 to spend an evening with a bunch of strangers.

The only reunion that I've gone to is my 30th high school reunion. Curiously, the only people there that I remembered were kids that I had gone to grade school with. So, yes, I'd be more interested in a grade school reunion than a high school reunion.

No, I wouldn't have any interest in it. Essentially it would be a bunch of strangers that the only thing we had in common was the same grade school. To me that's not much of a bond.

DW still gets together with a bunch of her friends from grade school a couple of times a year though. But she went to a Catholic grade school, and that was a far different and harsher experience than I had in public school. I would not have done well there and may well have been kicked out as a hopeless discipline problem.

I answered "Other", as going to a reunion is not an option to even ponder.

I went to 4 different grade schools. They no longer exist. And I do not remember any of my classmates. Not their names, not what they looked back then. And I certainly would not recognize any of the geezers they would be now.

Our grade school was torn down for an office building construction so I guess we won't have a 50th reunion (or even earlier ones).

I do have my high school yearbook though.

No, I don't go to reunions. Too INTJ for that sort of activity, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom