Prince William and Kate Middleton Wedding

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This is something to look forward to! A royal wedding. Since I was born in England and lived there as a child, I'm particularly interested in this.

Ha, check out Kate's dimples...is she cute or what?

Here's a video of them talking about the proposal. :smitten:

What a welcome relief from the dreary news these days.

BBC News - Prince William on his proposal to Kate Middleton

Meh. Rich guy with horrible but secure job from which he can never be fired or retire from, gets to marry reasonably cute chick whom he's been, erm, dating for 8 years or so anyway. (Can you tell it wasn't a great day at work?)

I wonder if this will be a Royal Wedding or another Royal Scandal. I'd still love to know, as a Royal what is their purpose in life?

I think they are a very sweet couple. Kate is really stunning, and you can see they are very much in love. I think they will make a go of it as a happily married couple. If I were William, though, I would not have presumed that Kate would want the "Princess Diana" ring (I think he should have asked her beforehand). I am sure he loved his mother very much and I think it is touching that he wanted to entwine her memory with his future marriage but still, I look at that ring and it brings back all the horrors of the Chuck and Di and Camilla years. I was very impressed by their poise and rapport and find them very likable.
I am kinda entranced by the royals. The pageantry I guess, the thousands of years of history, the castles, the mystique of a life so far removed from our hum-drum lives. That is the appeal for me.
I think the royals earn their way in Great Britain and are a big tourist draw. I believe they do a lot of charity work. Anyway, this stuff appeals more to women than to men. I will watch the wedding even if I have to take off a day from work next year. I remember timing the Chuck-Di wedding with having my wisdom teeth pulled earlier in the day so I had the time off from work back in 1981.

Don't do it, Kate! Run, while you can! :nonono:

They sure make a good-looking couple. I wish them much happiness.

I am quite fond of constitutional monarchies in general.

Alan?

I think they are a real cute couple and a lot more realistic than Charles & Diana . He hardly knew her when they married . Maybe that is why it's taken William so long . I liked Diana but she had the world's ugliest wedding dress .

Yes?

We'll be in England next year when the wedding happens (we are going over for about 6 months). When Diana and Charles were married we did our best to avoid all the hoopla and went for a hike from our house to the summit of Roseberry Topping. When we got there we found a bunch of other hikers with radios and bottles of booze, so we failed to escape after all. Interestingly, we hope to be renting a place in the exact same town as we were in 1981 when C & D were married.

As for the Royal Family per se, I am a big supporter, I just don't follow all their daily activities.

Meh. Rich guy with horrible but secure job from which he can never be fired or retire from, gets to marry reasonably cute chick whom he's been, erm, dating for 8 years or so anyway. (Can you tell it wasn't a great day at work?)

Uhm... none of us get to choose our parents. His day job is as a Sea King SARF pilot. Those guys/gals are some of the worlds best Air Sea Rescue crews. Best wishes for their wedding.

DD

I think they are a very sweet couple. Kate is really stunning, and you can see they are very much in love. I think they will make a go of it as a happily married couple. If I were William, though, I would not have presumed that Kate would want the "Princess Diana" ring (I think he should have asked her beforehand). I am sure he loved his mother very much and I think it is touching that he wanted to entwine her memory with his future marriage but still, I look at that ring and it brings back all the horrors of the Chuck and Di and Camilla years. I was very impressed by their poise and rapport and find them very likable.
I am kinda entranced by the royals. The pageantry I guess, the thousands of years of history, the castles, the mystique of a life so far removed from our hum-drum lives. That is the appeal for me.
I think the royals earn their way in Great Britain and are a big tourist draw. I believe they do a lot of charity work. Anyway, this stuff appeals more to women than to men. I will watch the wedding even if I have to take off a day from work next year. I remember timing the Chuck-Di wedding with having my wisdom teeth pulled earlier in the day so I had the time off from work back in 1981.

Thousands of years ago, the romans were running things :D.

Yes?

We'll be in England next year when the wedding happens (we are going over for about 6 months). When Diana and Charles were married we did our best to avoid all the hoopla and went for a hike from our house to the summit of Roseberry Topping. When we got there we found a bunch of other hikers with radios and bottles of booze, so we failed to escape after all. Interestingly, we hope to be renting a place in the exact same town as we were in 1981 when C & D were married.

As for the Royal Family per se, I am a big supporter, I just don't follow all their daily activities.

Just wanted your opinion seeing you're our offical Englishman;)

For you (everyone please rise):

YouTube - British Anthem God Save the Queen GREAT VERSION!

What QE2 means to me......

Attachments

• qe2.jpg
    qe2.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom