Quicken 2004 question - not supported - how to import.

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I can not download my cc and bank info directly into Quicken 2004 any more - they stopped supporting it.
Is there any way; besides entering the info by hand, to import the information?

Also, some cc and bank do not provide the same download info - some excel; and some another format.

I really don't want to pay for the upgrade if I can avoid it.

It's the price you pay for the modern conveniences. This is a $30 problem. Why are you sweating it?

2B

dex said:
I can not download my cc and bank info directly into Quicken 2004 any more - they stopped supporting it.
Is there any way; besides entering the info by hand, to import the information?
Yes, Intuit's new download upgrade-- it's called "Quicken 2007".

dex said:
I really don't want to pay for the upgrade if I can avoid it.
It looks like you have a choice between lifetime hand-entry of data and spending some money. Intuit will continue to exploit "upgrade" us all at least twice a decade as long as we continue using the product.

FWIW I've always done hand entry. In the 1990s the downloads never seemed to format the way I wanted them to and I never bothered with them again.

Thanks for the replies.
It is annoying and just makes you feel like you are being ripped off.

I was looking around in the Intuit website yesterday for their user chat board for Q2004 for you - didn't find it before i got distracted. Did find where Quicken specifically said they wouldn't be doing what you want to do, but canny users sometimes have work-arounds. Might be worth it to you to do a bit more searching there....

Thanks for the replies.
It is annoying and just makes you feel like you are being ripped off.

You should try the quicken willmaker s/w if you wanna fee like you've been ripped off. After the end of the year in which you buy it, it stops working.

Which sort of sucks if you hadnt quite finished printing everything out yet.

Magically, setting the computers date back to 12/31 of the year in question allowed the program to operate again...

Get a Quicken 2006 on Ebay for under $25; that way, none of your money goes to Intuit.

Nords, I gave up on downloads at one point, but gave it another try, and it's worked perfectly ever since. Don't try to save the downloaded files, just always choose to download all the data, and choose Open instead of Save. You can also use the renaming rules to automatically categorize things. So, all the downloaded transactions from "Chevron" go to Car:Gasoline, for example.

Attachments

• Ebay.jpg
    Ebay.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom