Quotes from your favorite movies

Marcus Aurelius
Good guy - I read his book

"Swim? Hell, the fall will kill ya." Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

"Pardon me while I whoop this out." Blazing Saddles: too many to count, all completely un-PC...

Clarence: Oh, we don't have money in heaven
George: Well, it comes in pretty handy down here, bub.

It's a Wonderful Life

"I would, however, like to say a few words about the attitude of hopeless negativism. Consider, if you will, the lilies of the God-damned field! Or maybe you can look at Delmar here as your paradigm of hope."

George Clooney, in 'O Brother, Where Art Thou'

Q. "Oh son, why did you do a thing like that?" (sell your soul to the devil)

A. "I dunno....I wasn't using it"

also from 'O Brother, Where Art Thou'

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner." - Dirty Dancing

(We had to have at least one chick movie represented.^-^)

"Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast." Lone Watie in Josey Wales.

"Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?" Sundance to Butch

Casablanca:

- "What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
- "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
- "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
- "I was misinformed."

OK, I'm a sap...from When Harry Met Sally:

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

The Usual Suspects:

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist."

What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Whaddya got?

And

I love you, Johnny. I've been looking in every ditch from Fresno to here hoping you was dead.

I'm surprised no one has listed:

"Ah'll bee bahk"-- Ahnold in the original Terminator (our teenager still has no idea what this implies).

I also liked his throwaway "I let heem go" in that cult classic "Commando".

Just about anything from Clint "Dirty Harry" Eastwood's limited vocabulary.

I don't think it's ever been used in a movie, but much of my life's philosophy has centered around:
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!"
-- The Eagles, Hotel California

Gwen DeMarco: What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. No, I mean we shouldn't have to do this, it makes no logical sense, why is it here?
Jason Nesmith: 'Cause it's on the television show.
Gwen DeMarco: Well forget it! I'm not doing it! This episode was badly written!

Right, preceded by the computer screen showing the most effective response.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
(The Shootist)

Marshal William T. O'Neil: Are you Dr. Lazarus?
Lazarus: Yes. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. That's a doctor joke.
Marshal William T. O'Neil: I'd like a report of all the incidents in the last six months. I'd like it soon, or I might just kick your nasty ass all over this room. That's a marshal joke.
(Outland)

Luke: I have a very bad feeling about this.
(Star Wars)
Princess Leia: I have a bad feeling about this...
(The Empire Strikes Back)
Han Solo: I have a really bad feeling about this.
(Return of the Jedi)

Princess Leia: Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder.
(Return of the Jedi)

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto"

DOCTOR 1: How old do you think he is?
DOCTOR 2: Oh, I'd say 35, 38
DOCTOR 1: [shakes head] He told me this morning, when I was examining him. He's 78.
DOCTOR 2: Well I don't believe it!
DOCTOR 1: Life expectancy's 130!
DOCTOR 2: Well how does he explain that?
DOCTOR 1: Says their medicine is that much more advanced. [Hands cigarette to DOCTOR 2.] He was very nice about it, but he made me feel like a third-class witch doctor.
[DOCTOR 1 and DOCTOR 2 light up and begin smoking]

Plaidophile: The Day the Earth Stood Still

See my tagline below. Recently we watched a 1960ish film with Jason Robards called A Thousand Clowns (about a 40 year old guy raising his 12 year old nephew). He lived above an empty business (used to be a Chinese restaurant) and was telling a woman he liked that "anything can happen above an abandoned Chinese restaurant" (like falling in love). I don't know why---it just intrigued me.

See my tagline below. Recently we watched a 1960ish film with Jason Robards called A Thousand Clowns (about a 40 year old guy raising his 12 year old nephew). He lived above an empty business (used to be a Chinese restaurant) and was telling a woman he liked that "anything can happen above an abandoned Chinese restaurant" (like falling in love). I don't know why---it just intrigued me.

A Thousand Clowns!

"you don't see t*ts like that every day."

Oh yeah---that lamp! That was a riot! Obviously you've seen the film.
When did you last see it? I saw it not more than three weeks ago and had to think for a minute or two to remember. Please tell me you saw it like yesterday so I don't feel that my memory is completely shot!

Back
Top Bottom