R.I.P Davy Jones

Heard about that on the news. Sad.

Sad indeed, he will always be young to me...the Monkees were funny.

It's hard to believe he was 66 already. But then it's hard to believe that I'm 63... what happened to the time? (sigh)

The Monkees' songs were a lot of fun at a time when that was needed.

He always kept that boyish look. Very sad news, and it came far too young for him.

Radio station plays 10 at 10, Monkees today. I have always liked much of their music. Davey was supposed to play nearby in a couple of weeks. Thought about it. You know, you gotta see those you like (those you love too) when you have the chance.

Davy was the first 'older man' love I had as a kid. An older man as he was 23 and I was 11 years old. ...sigh...

This is my favorite song (sung by Micky)....

Last edited:
I guess he caught that last train to Clarksville.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-t...ored-last-days-used-heartthrob-230101900.html

"Jones reportedly passed away in his parked car after visiting his horses at a ranch near his oceanside home in Indiantown, Florida. Earlier, he'd told ranch hands he was
having difficulty breathing. The previous night, he had gone to a nearby hospital complaining of chest pains, according to reports."

Makes it more sad that he didn't ignore the symptoms as he went to a nearby hospital the previous night. I wonder why the hospital didn't keep him overnight for observation.

Last edited:
Oh man this sucks. I really liked the Monkees, there were very few songs they did that I did not like. Their tv show was great, I seldom watched tv after 1967 but I did like theirs. It was so wacky and it seemed to have fit the free spirited, carefree mood of those days. Daydream Believer was my all time favorite song, any time I hear it I feel good. On the news they said the Monkees sold more albums in 1967 than the Beatles and The Rolling Stones combined! Makes me really feel old and vulnerable. :(

+1
I still have my old records. It's very sad.

Yes, Davey Jones will truly be missed. He reminds me of the exuberance, passion, and vision of youth.

However, of concern in my 60's is this - why was not heart disease detected during his final health exam? He was reportedly given a positive report.

Additionally, Mr. Breitbart passed today at the ripe old age of 43. He allegedly had "some heart problems" over the previous year. Why was something not done earlier?

Maybe both people had some kind of phobia for modern medicine, or...?

Now, to dovetail into health and wellness. What kind of tests would detect a cardiac problem for the rest of us? :confused:

Yes, Davey Jones will truly be missed. He reminds me of the exuberance, passion, and vision of youth.

However, of concern in my 60's is this - why was not heart disease detected during his final health exam? He was reportedly given a positive report.

Additionally, Mr. Breitbart passed today at the ripe old age of 43. He allegedly had "some heart problems" over the previous year. Why was something not done earlier?

Maybe both people had some kind of phobia for modern medicine, or...?

Now, to dovetail into health and wellness. What kind of tests would detect a cardiac problem for the rest of us? :confused:

It's scary, disappointing that apparently Davy Jones had gone to the hospital the night before complaining of shortness of breath but then died the next day. I guess the hospital didn't think his symptoms were serious enough to keep him there? Unless perhaps his heart was so bad that there was nothing the hospital could do?

It's scary, disappointing that apparently Davy Jones had gone to the hospital the night before complaining of shortness of breath but then died the next day. I guess the hospital didn't think his symptoms were serious enough to keep him there? Unless perhaps his heart was so bad that there was nothing the hospital could do?
This is exactly what I've been wondering.

A friend's brother had the latter situation. He arteries were almost totally clogged up and the hospital/doctors said there was nothing they could do. It was literally a ticking time bomb situation. The docs were bluntly surprised he was alive. Then about 8 weeks later he did die of a heart attack. Can you imagine how much fear that would cause, knowing that any day you'd have a massive heart attack?

Back
Top Bottom