Re-roofing question

BOBOT

Recycles dryer sheets
Time to re-roof the house & get everytrhing ship-shape. A roofer I know (who I know to do good work & is reliable) has quoted me $250 per square, total labor & matl's. This includes stripping old roof & hauling & dumping debris, going back with premium dimensional shingles (I get to choose them), new ridge vents, all new flashing, etc, rehanging gutters,etc. - IOW, a new roof.
Anyone have recent experience with this & can comment on the reasonableness of the quote?

Bobot said:
Time to re-roof the house & get everytrhing ship-shape. A roofer I know (who I know to do good work & is reliable) has quoted me $250 per square, total labor & matl's. This includes stripping old roof & hauling & dumping debris, going back with premium dimensional shingles (I get to choose them), new ridge vents, all new flashing, etc, rehanging gutters,etc. - IOW, a new roof.
Anyone have recent experience with this & can comment on the reasonableness of the quote?

This depends on so many things that it is impossible to say. The size of your roof (set up etc. takes as long for a small one as for a large), the shape (simple vs. lots of hips and valleys), the grade of shingle you will use, the dump fees, labor costs in your area, etc.

But here in NW your quote would likely be a bargain.

Ha

Does it also include replacing the plywood/or pressed board under the shingles if it is needed? If it doesn't that could be an additional cost. In Las Vegas to cover ourselves we needed an inspection do they include that, we needed that before they installed the singles and then again when they were done, your State maybe different.

Goodluck
Kathyet

If I ever have my roof replaced again, I would make sure the contract stated that any cost overruns or additional charges must be submitted in writing and signed off my me or they aren't valid and won't be paid. I'd also put in something about if the final costs are more than x% of the initial quote, the whole contract is cancelled.

And I'd be there the entire time they were working.

Back
Top Bottom