Real Estate Investing through Crowdfunding

UnrealizedPotential

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So I heard about this recently and wondered if anyone is using this as a source of income or capital growth.I read that one can get started for as little as $100.It seems like an interesting idea but to be honest I do not know much about it .I have always liked Reits and it seems like you have a little more control where your investment dollars go maybe through crowdfunding but beyond that I am not sure what the advantage would be to participate in it.Anyone have an opinion on this either positive or negative?

Sounds like a great idea. Buy some lottery tickets, too.

You can do crowd funding with $100. I do not do it. I have never invested in crowd funding.

It may be great, but it is by definition very high risk. You can get a REIT on the stock exchange by buying 'O', or an ETF that concentrates in that.

RE is a great game, but you need to have some cash for the best deals. Or be really creative to the point of almost being illegal and/or unethical.

Very risky.
I don't do it.
Surprisingly I did crowd fund the purchase of property, but it was before the Internet was a big thing, folks were eager to hand me their 5K checks, one even doubled down on it.
Then I went hunting for a property to purchase....

Back
Top Bottom