Retirement gift for DW

f35phixer

Full time employment: Posting here.
DW retires 24 dec, struggling with what to get her.... $1000 string of pearls, weekend spa treatment, neither of us wear wedding rings so maybe tattoo wedding bands.......

So what were some of your dear ones presents you gave for retirement?

I think a nice trip anywhere would be a good retirement present. Everyone needs a change of scenery on Day 1 of retirement.

How about a cruise to somewhere warm?

DH picked out a new Toyota pickup as his retirement present. Sort of a cop-out, since we had to replace the aging minivan anyway.

I bought myself a very expensive sewing machine as my retirement gift. Funded it with my final bonus from megacorp.

I think it is difficult to help you choose a present for your DW when I don't know her. For me, the pearls or the weekend spa treatment would not be appreciated. (A $1000 bicycle is more my style.)

Does your DW have any hobbies that she plans to pick up / spend more time with in retirement? Something to do with that hobby might be a good gift.

I never gave DW anything for retirement. Come on, I still have to work and I am the one to get a gift? She has regular spa treatment and seems enjoy it a lot.

I think a nice trip anywhere would be a good retirement present. Everyone needs a change of scenery on Day 1 of retirement.

How about a cruise to somewhere warm?

We leave 30 dec for Paris then back to London for a 10 day vacation, I know not warm time:facepalm:

DH picked out a new Toyota pickup as his retirement present. Sort of a cop-out, since we had to replace the aging minivan anyway.

I bought myself a very expensive sewing machine as my retirement gift. Funded it with my final bonus from megacorp.

I think it is difficult to help you choose a present for your DW when I don't know her. For me, the pearls or the weekend spa treatment would not be appreciated. (A $1000 bicycle is more my style.)

Does your DW have any hobbies that she plans to pick up / spend more time with in retirement? Something to do with that hobby might be a good gift.

She’d / we rather fast walk:LOL: we are golfers, and have nice clubs now, those we be planned trips to high end courses. No other real hobby’s, a problem for both of us with me done dec 2020.

I got retirement in FLA to do whatever I want whenever I want.
Good enough for me.

I'd take her to Benares, 12 Berkeley Sq, London and/or Rules, 35 Maiden Lane, London. My all-time favorite restaurant was in Paris, alas it is no more.

Went to a Stones concert.

I'd take her to Benares, 12 Berkeley Sq, London and/or Rules, 35 Maiden Lane, London. My all-time favorite restaurant was in Paris, alas it is no more.

OMG Harvey My mouth is watering !!!! For sure this will be a surprise for her! We love Indian and the Rules menu looks good too !

Steak & Kidney Pie £21.95
Steamed Steak & Kidney Suet Pudding £21.95
Chicken, Leek & Mushroom Pie £21.95
with a pastry crust or with oyster £22.95 with a puff pastry crust
Rabbit Cassoulet £24.95
Braised Featherblade Steak £26.95 Roast Cod £27.95
with flageolet beans & black pudding with onions, herb butter & mash potato with pumpkin & wild mushrooms

I second the idea of a special trip. Great way to start off a new phase of life.

We had talked about a Mediterranean cruise upon retirement, basically eating our way around Italy/Sicily/Greece/islands and taking in the local culture.

2019 Mini Cooper S.

2019 Mini Cooper S.
2016-mercedes_benz-e_class-designocardinalred.jpg

Already bought her this the MOST Beautiful color of E350 series !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't see these often, why we bought her !

No more getting up at oh dark thirty

An alarm clock.

And a hammer.

We planned a trip to Hawaii, first class flight and ocean front suite, in December after we both had retired.
We left a cold and icy airport and landed at a warm and balmy one. Delightful!

An alarm clock.

And a hammer.

One of my working-life daydreams was to buy a huge wooden mallet at least a foot in diameter or larger and leave it on the floor near the bed the evening of my last day of work. I planned to set the alarm for 4:30 AM, and when it went off I was going to use that mallet to smash the alarm clock. I never did do it, but it was a fun idea.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom