REVA electric car

Trek

Full time employment: Posting here.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The REVA uses 9 units of electricity for a single full charge that gives up to * 80 KM in city driving conditions. This works out to 40 paise per km (less than 1 US cent). The average running cost of a petrol car is Rs.4.0 per km.

Since the REVA does not have an engine, clutch or gears, or a carburetor, radiator, exhaust etc, the maintenance cost is low. Estimates show that the maintenance costs of REVA are 40 % lower than that of a small car over a 3-year ownership period.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]REVA is currently being exported to UK and Malta. An export order of 500 cars from Goingreen, UK marks the entry of REVA Electric Cars in the global market. REVA is also being test marketed in US, Nepal, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Israel, Japan, Norway and China.

The REVA Electric Car Company - Home Page
[/FONT]

Thanks for the link Trek. I've been looking at all the small electrics for a while. Sure would fill the need for most of my local travels. I find it interesting that the Reva uses an AC drive motor.

I would love to rent one for a week just to see how practical it would be.

There are a lot of interesting ones out there, it will be fun to see which is the first to be mass produced.

Here's an intriguing one that looks top heavy, but whose "static rollover threshold is equivalent to a 5-star NHTSA rating, placing it in company with the lowest slung sports cars."

rotate.php

Commuter Cars

That's neat Al. It does look a little top heavy.

If I had one of those DW would be right at home as a real backseat driver. :D

The electric car is here and has been around for years. Buy a street legal golf cart. About $4k used. Get a yamaha and you'll have almost no maintenance. You cant go on a highway, but most other city streets are fair game.

You'll probably have to jump through some hoops to register it and insure it properly.

One nearby town has a bunch of folks driving these around. Some are using upgraded motors and 48v battery packs and they go 35mph.

Just...dont get into an accident with one....you will lose.

Back
Top Bottom