RIP, Col. Potter...

Ah yes, one of my favorites. Sure lived a long life. Good for him.

Yeah, he was funny and we always enjoyed him. The few things I read about him always portrayed him as humble and a nice person.

That is sad, though 96 years is more than I'd hope for, so he lived a very long and full life. I really enjoyed his character on M*A*S*H along with most of them, but I'm old enough to actually remember him on Dragnet, another good character of his.

96 years is very respectable. I enjoyed the MASH series and Col. Potter was a big part of that. RIP Col. Potter.

Enjoyed watching him on many programs. 96 is a long life to celebrate. Its funny that when I watched him during the MASH years as a teenager, I thought he was old then, and that was a long time ago. You have to be a very fortunate person to live that long.

I couldn't find a clip of him on Dragnet, but...

I'll miss you....rest in peace...

Attachments

• thumbnail[3].jpg
    thumbnail[3].jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
He was a good one. Just yesterday I played an old movie somebody gave my mom, The Glenn Miller story, and he was in it. I wondered at the time how he was doing. Low and behold he dies today. Didn't realize he was 96. Here's a pic from the movie.

Attachments

• 11427_view.jpg
    11427_view.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3
I recently saw a movie on TCM that included Harry Morgan in the cast that was filmed in the 40s. He was never a major star, but he seemed to always get a character role in many flicks.

So long officer Gannon/COL Potter...

Back
Top Bottom