RIP - B.J. Thomas

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
RIP - B.J. Thomas.

I remember just being a kind when Raindrops was out.

B.J. Thomas, the Grammy-winning singer who enjoyed success on the pop, country and gospel charts with such hits as "I Just Can't Help Believing," "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" and "Hooked on a Feeling," has died. He was 78.

Thomas, who announced in March that he had been diagnosed with lung cancer, died from complications of the disease Saturday at his home in Arlington, Texas, his publicist Jeremy Westby said in a statement.

A Hugo, Oklahoma-native who grew up in Houston, Billy Joe Thomas broke through in 1966 with a gospel-styled cover of Hank Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and went on to sell millions of records and have dozens of hits across genres. He reached No. 1 with pop, adult contemporary and country listeners in 1976 with ″(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song." The same year, his "Home Where I Belong" became one of the first gospel albums to be certified platinum for selling more than 1 million copies.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bj-thomas-dies-age-78-hooked-on-a-feeling-lung-cancer/

May he RIP... Cool music...

Wife and I just watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night featuring Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head. At the time BJ’s agents thought the song was going to hurt his rep. RIP BJ.

I still listen to that song - Raindrops keep falling on my head. RIP BJ Thomas

I've always loved his music. One of the most sadly sweet and "longing" songs I know is this one:

Yes, I know he only covered it (written by Buddy Buie and J. R. Cobb Jr.).

RIP B J

RIP. Another icon left the world to early. I wonder if he took SS at 62? If he didn't he should have.

RIP BJ Thomas, great singer.
Read his book a few decades ago. He told how God delivered him from his addictions.

The first BJ Thomas song I ever heard was "I'm so lonesome I could cry", which was written by Hank Williams, though I didn't know that at the time.

But a favorite was "Hooked on a feeling", which I think I have the 45 of from back then, around here... somewhere.

The first BJ Thomas song I ever heard was "I'm so lonesome I could cry", which was written by Hank Williams, though I didn't know that at the time.

But a favorite was "Hooked on a feeling", which I think I have the 45 of from back then, around here... somewhere.

Same here about "I'm So Lonsesome I Could Cry". Did not know it was by Hank Williams (who is a bit before my time).

I got several favorite B.J. Thomas songs. But one that jumps out is "Rock and Roll Lullabye". A sweet, tender song, matched with his beautiful voice.

My mother used to play his albums all the time when I was very young. She played "Little Green Apples" over an over again to the point where I have the lyrics etched in my head.

Back
Top Bottom