Romanesco Cauliflower

twaddle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I went to the grocery store and saw Romanesco Cauliflower for the first time. Where has this fractal veggie been all my life? I wanted to frame it and put it on the wall.

romanesco-cauliflower.jpg

They're still not fooling me.

Watch for the 60 Minutes special in ten years... "Broccoli...the silent killer..."

When Vanguard changed their security signon, I picked that picture as my personal security image.

i don't think i could eat that... maybe put it on my head?

anyone had one? taste like broccoli or cauliflower?

Nobody knows. No one has ever eaten broccoli and lived. Most people just buy it because that shows they're eating healthy. Then they immediately discard the foul vegetable product.

I think one guy ate cauliflower and didnt expire, but it was heavily blanketed in protective cheese sauce.

For all you broccoli lovers out there, try this:

Butter in pan, coin broccoli in slices, put in pan.
Put lemon-pepper all over it, then fresh lemon juice from a real lemon all over it (I use 2 whole lemons for one head of broccoli).
Stir fry.
DELICIOSO!

I was afraid to eat it. But here's a description of the taste:

Romanesco is excellent raw, enhancing both the appearance and taste of an assiette de crudités. It's crunchier than cauliflower and not as bland. It has a nutty taste (and looks kind of nutty too until you get used to it!) and doesn't have the chalky edge which some people dislike in broccoli. Any dip that's good with cauliflower and broccoli will go fine with Romanesco, but be sure to try it by itself—you may decide to forgo the dip. It would be absolutely ideal to serve raw Romanesco on a platter with an image of the Mandelbrot set!

Fractal Food

haven't seen that in the store yet. it's beautiful. i think i saw a parrotfish chip a tooth on one once when i went snorkling.

Back
Top Bottom