Run, unclemick! (unclemick checks in on page 8!!!)

I am very glad that you and yours made it OK, unclemick. But then
I had no doubt!

Cheers,

Charlie

I wanted to say that I'm happy to see you back :D, even though I'm a relatively unknown poster around here. I've been watching this thread very closely for the last couple of days.

good to hear that unclemick2 and dog51 are up and running, newly located and moving forward. whew!

Hey Unclemick and Dog51 I am really, really happy that you are safe and sound !

-helen

UncleMick:

I had no doubt that you had enough experience to get out while the gettin was good.

Know that you'll be busy relocating, etc. etc.,
But when things settle down a little, I would be curious to hear about your cast of characters in the dougnut shop. Did they all get out O.K. ;)

Take care

Jarhead

Hey unclemick,

All I can I say is "heh, heh, heh" and hip hip hoorah! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MJ :D :D

Hi Unclemick!

It's great to hear you are ok!!! Good luck with your relocation.

Beachbumz

Unclemick,
I'm so glad to hear that you and yours are all safe. The news reports were horrific and we were worried.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do from our respective corners of the world.
Sheryl

Now I can look forward to hearing more aboout De Gaul and the Norwegian widow!

Happy trails, Unclemick.

Halleluia!!!!!  Our prayers were answered.  I am so glad that you and your family are okay!  Whenever you do get a chance, I am sure that you will have some interesting stories to share.  I hope your friends are okay also.  I never was sure about De Gaul and the Norwegian widow stories, so maybe I will be able to understand them someday.  Glad to have you back!!!!

Dreamer

Unclemick,
Good news to hear your fine. You have a GREAT outlook on this.

Billy

Well it's always good to hear from unclemick. But I am concerned. A move from Missoula to Missouri might be hard on a 15 year old girl. She has to make new friends, go to a new high school, learn new fads, . . .

;)

Just got home from work and checked the board first thing, so good to know you are none the worse for wear!

I was on an elevator with an elderly gentleman at the hospital last week and we nurses in the back were doing the Hi, how are ya? Have a good day thing. He turned to look at us and said, rather shortly: Any day you get up and you're not in the obituaries is a good day!  We all just sort of smiled and nodded politely. As he exited the elevator his parting shot was:  I cheated the Devil out of another one, heh, heh, heh!

Glad you did too, Uncle Mick ( and the family).

Judy

Re: Run, unclemick!

unclemick2 said:
Unclemick has relocated to beautiful St Joe missouri...Having a great time AND no junk/stuff to worry about anymore - not even any debris to worry about - Gulf of Mexico came in and took care of that...
Unclemick - welcome back. I look forward to any and all stories. Why St. Joe? Did you just keep driving like the old settlers - look out over a valley and say this is the place?

Also, just for curiosity sake I gotsta know....is mick2 word play for McCormick? :) (I saw a picture of a guy by that name walking through fish camp wreckage on Hwy 11 ...)

I've been cleaning up the garage and my old files...well you don't have to do that for a while... ;)

JPatrick said:
unclemick2 BTY - anyone familar with greater Kansas City - St Joseph??? [quote said:
Spent several years in the Leavenworth area.
Sorry to say one of my memories of the area was the somewhat incredible flooding produced by the Missouri River in the late 1980's :(

Similar to my 1 experience in the area. In June 1984 I flew to KC to participate
in the Bike Across Kansas. I left my stuff at my friends parents house in NW
Kansas City. The ride was great, but halfway through the whole house
flooded to about floor+1 foot, leaving everything smelling of raw sewage.

unclemick2 said:
After thirty years - we know the drill well - except this this time - we won't be going back - that area Lake ST Catherine - is so desired and fought over - they won't be issuing building permits - expect to see a new preserve added to to Bayou Savage - that's my bet.

Hey, unclemick, glad to see you landed safely.   Sorry to hear about the fish camp.   That's got to be tough.

I just found and read an interesting research project from some Yale grad student about Lake Catherine:

Lake [St.] Catherine

Sounds like a very cool place.

Re: Run, unclemick!

DanTien said:
Unclemick - welcome back. I look forward to any and all stories. Why St. Joe? Did you just keep driving like the old settlers - look out over a valley and say this is the place?

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. Do tell!

JG

Great to hear you and yours are OK, uncle. I figured you had more than enough sense to clear out well ahead of the trouble. Let us know how things are in "Missourah".

Fascinating paper, even a photo of UncleMick's donut shop cronies!  (ok, okay:  bait shop)  and now I know what a fish camp looks like.  I had pictured uncle mick in some sort of creepy deep dark bayou shack, alligators, deliverance music, you know...

Glad you're OK, unclemick!

wabmester said:
I just found and read an interesting research project from some Yale grad student about Lake Catherine:...Sounds like a very cool place.

Glad to hear from you....even though we really knew you left early and were too smart to wait the storm out.

kindof ahd no doubt you'd have gotten out and be safe....but still good to hear it's so! Let us know what you find in Missouri.

Back
Top Bottom