Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Rutgers team speaks out on Imus remarks
Old 04-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50
Didn't Al Capone use a similar excuse?

I'm pretty sure that most people that donated through Imus will donate through some other channel.

-ERD50
Comparing a murderer with someone who said some dumb things. Ya that makes a lot of sense.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwsinron
Comparing a murderer with someone who said some dumb things. Ya that makes a lot of sense.
I didn't compare their mis-deeds. I used an intentionally extreme example to show the fault in logic of the statement.

Doing some good deeds does not exonerate one for their mis-deeds. Whether that mis-deed was murder, or a stupid, insulting public statement. Same logic applies.

Right?

-ERD50

Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
Whoops, I think this is where you made your mistake. That was 75 or so years ago!

Ha

Yeah, I guess that it's only the home of the FREE, if you're an illegal alien, or a law breaking scum bag! For the rest of the folks, like you and me, we best watch our P's & Q's, or those pinko, commy, "other-country"-Americans watching out for their own damnable selves and their WALLETS (read: Al & Jesse) the good of "the American people", will come down and holler and protest like a bunch of morons gently suggest that THEY are RIGHT, and that WE are WRONG, and that WE are violating THEIR civil rights!

To which I say: "SCREW 'EM!!!"
Old 04-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

If I ran a radio station I would have fired Imus because I would not want to be associated with someone who spews his kind of garbage. It has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. If the FCC wants to step in and fine Imus I would completely oppose that.

But when Al Sharpton campaigns against Imus I want to vomit. Al brought us the Tawana Brawley fraud -- he claimed the cops and prosecutor were among her supposed rapists. And what about the Central Park jogger -- Al called her a whore and IIRC said her boyfriend did the deed. Where is his apology? I can't believe the media doesn't call that hypocrite on his past.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff
But when Al Sharpton campaigns against Imus I want to vomit. Al brought us the Tawana Brawley fraud -- he claimed the cops and prosecutor were among her supposed rapists. And what about the Central Park jogger -- Al called her a whore and IIRC said her boyfriend did the deed. Where is his apology? I can't believe the media doesn't call that hypocrite on his past.
And while their at it, maybe Al Sharpton & Jessi Jackson should consider meeting with and apologizing to the families of the Duke lacrosse players.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff
If I ran a radio station I would have fired Imus because I would not want to be associated with someone who spews his kind of garbage. It has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. If the FCC wants to step in and fine Imus I would completely oppose that.

If I ran the radio station I would have fired him a long time ago. He had a 1.o share in the NYC market for the past 15 years!!! He had NO RATINGS! None!

Now what Monvess should have done was fire him the next day after his idiotic statements. That way the jerk sharpton remember twana brawly?? Then he and jessie jackson would not have been in this picture!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #47

Political correctness at its worst. Selective one-sided outrage. A big brouhaha stirred up by hypocritical race pimps. IMUS is reaping what he sowed. No problem with that. But, are the saviors of America Al Sharpton and jesse Jackson? Have we sunk this low? A pox on MSNBC, CBS and their sponsors who are too timid to tell Al and Jesse where to go.

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

It was time to put a lid on Imus .He was funny years ago but now he's just pathetic.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie

Yeah, I guess that it's only the home of the FREE, if you're an illegal alien, or a law breaking scum bag! For the rest of the folks, like you and me, we best watch our P's & Q's, or those pinko, commy, "other-country"-Americans watching out for their own damnable selves and their WALLETS (read: Al & Jesse) the good of "the American people", will come down and holler and protest like a bunch of morons gently suggest that THEY are RIGHT, and that WE are WRONG, and that WE are violating THEIR civil rights!

To which I say: "SCREW 'EM!!!"
why are you so angry?

exactly who is the "we" and the "them" and who would you like to screw?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:13 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

i have never been an imus fan but im willing to bet this was just away of removing the last of the old school radio jocks and getting to replace him with a hip hop station. i would be very surprised if it didnt go that way.

the team should remember that if imus didnt make those stupid remarks no one would have heard of them altogether. he put them on talk shows, the newspapers and the media everywhere. guess there was some good from it.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #51

Hi Ho Hi Ho

This just in: Disney to hold press conference at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. Word on the street is that Disney will apologize for the Seven Dwarfs singing "Hi Ho, Hi Ho" in the movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Disney plans to remove all items, currently for sale, associated with >>>this movie. This includes books, dolls, and movies.

Later in the week the Seven Dwarfs will appear on the Al Sharpton radio show to apologize and undergo a 7 hour grilling.

Jesse Jackson has not been contacted for comment on this. His office stated that he and his personal secretary were attending a meeting in the Bahamas . However, people at PUSH hinted that a large protest is being scheduled at Disney World.

Snow White could not be reached for comment.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #52
Give me a forum ...

Did you hear the one about Don Ho dying?
It is said that he left many grandchildren still in diapers or he "left had many nappy bottomed Ho(s)"
Don't blame me; I heard it on NPR
Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #53
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Now that this subject has died down a bit, I'll ask the question that's been bugging me since this whole mess started. What the heck is wrong with what Imus said about a bunch of these....

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
Now that this subject has died down a bit, I'll ask the question that's been bugging me since this whole mess started. What the heck is wrong with what Imus said about a bunch of these....
*facepalms*
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #55

IMUS is back. Thank goodness. If you don't get the radio broadcast, you can see him on RFD TV, which will simulcast his program. Hopefully he won't make his program into pablum.