Sad news, Paco de Lucía passed away

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
World-renowned Spanish guitarist Paco de Lucía has died aged 66 in Mexico, reportedly of a heart attack while playing with his children on a beach.

The world loses a truly great artist. Que en paz descanse.

Oh my, that is sad and surprising. He always looked healthy, but I guess that doesn't mean all that much.

Will definitely be playing 'Friday Night in San Francisco' today in honor.

Here's a youtube from that tour, Paco opens:

Paco and Al Di Meola - That is how I remember the tour (saw it in Chicago) - they came out in pair combinations, then as a trio (with John McLaughlin).
Mind-blowing night! I've never seen so much talent on a stage in one place. Paco was maybe the most 'subtle' and lyrical of the three, which offered a nice balance.

-ERD50

Oh my, that is sad and surprising. He always looked healthy, but I guess that doesn't mean all that much.

Will definitely be playing 'Friday Night in San Francisco' today in honor.

Here's a youtube from that tour, Paco opens:

Paco and Al Di Meola - That is how I remember the tour (saw it in Chicago) - they came out in pair combinations, then as a trio (with John McLaughlin).
Mind-blowing night! I've never seen so much talent on a stage in one place. Paco was maybe the most 'subtle' and lyrical of the three, which offered a nice balance.

-ERD50

And Di Meola and McLaughlin were flatpicking. Paco was fingerpicking!

I heard about this on BBC but was biking so could not make a note; Cannot remember who commentator said was the quintessential album. I believe it was live from 1976. Anyone know tittle? Would like to acquire.

Back
Top Bottom