Same time next month................

Mr._johngalt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am betting a lot of you retired folks do this. I always
envied the "older" people I knew who did, and now, as
Pogo said "They is us!"

I have around four (4) dinners or lunches every month
at four different locations with four different individuals or groups. No real purpose other than to eat, drink and talk.
(I have one today in fact). This is a lot of fun for me.
For some reason my father doesn't get it. "But what do you do there?" Answer: "Nothing much, just eat and talk."
Reminds me of my brother when he learned I was retired............."But, what does he do all day?"
Some people just don't get it :)

JG

Yep

Started out as mainly retiree's from the plant. Now added a few coffee/doughnut places with a regular crowd not all retiree's but people with fat chewing time.

Thins out in spring/summer - vacations, etc, etc.

??Modern version of the country store??

Oh yeah, and what's cool with your former co-workers is they gotta go back to work, and I usually emphasize that I am heading for a nap. :D

Reminds me of my brother when he learned I was retired............."But, what does he do all day?"
Some people just don't get it :)

JG

Stock answer: "You know all the stuff you do on your evenings and weekends that you barely have time to do, and all the stuff you wish you had time to do in your spare time but all that other stuff you have to do takes up the little bit of spare time you have? I do mostly the latter stuff and try to make time for the former. Dont know how I'd fit a job into this schedule at this point, to be honest".

It works... :D

Back
Top Bottom