Scrushy found not guilty

Really pissed me off! - The guy has 5 CFO's testify against him and his defense was "I didn't know what was going on"

- He should have been sent to jail by being incompetent for the shareholders money!

Well it was in Alabama, and the Screwshy guy starts a TV evangelical show. I'm sure his lawyers selected right wing Christians for the jury.

Highly religious jury, lots of local ministers in support of him.

Saw some SEC guy on CNBC this morning but had to 'listen' to him on closed captioning because the baby has discovered that screechy noise that gets immediate adult attention. Unfortunately the closed captioner was creating a lot of new words and wasnt keeping up.

The gist of it was "we're going to do something very unpleasant to him from a civil perspective, and I wont go into details right now".

Well, OJ was found not guilty. Michael Jackson was found Not Guilty. And that was California. No doubt in my mind that both of them were guilty, but, hey, the jury has spoken.

Martha Stewart must be puzzled.

Eagle43 said:
Well, OJ was found not guilty.  Michael Jackson was found Not Guilty.  And that was California. No doubt in my mind that both of them were guilty, but, hey, the jury has spoken.

Martha Stewart must be puzzled. 

My Dad was called once for jury duty. He looked around at the
prospective jurors and decided right then and there if he was ever
charged, he would ask for a bench trial :)

Seriously, justice is capricious as the Jackson, OJ, and Martha trials
reveal. I always side with the corporation execs (having been one myself).
Anyway, logic common sense and even evidence often have very little to do with the outcome.

JG

And another thing (yeah this should be a new thread)......................

I figure I've been in court on about 10 different issues as
plaintiff, defendent, witness, etc. over the years. I suspect this is way
more than the average person and it's probably obvious why.
My point is that the attorneys have made a fortune off my
adventures and misadventures. I hope my future dealings with
the legal system will be few and far between.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
I always side with the corporation execs (having been one myself)

JG

I wonder if both your employees would testify against you....Shredder

MRGALT2U said:
I always side with the corporation execs (having been one myself).
Anyway, logic common sense and even evidence often have very little to do with the outcome.

Regardless of the evidence? You're kidding, right? ::)

Sort of. Appears John quit trying to get me started by saying Martha Stewart should have been set free. Now he's trying it with other people.

In the grand scheme of things, Martha was "small potatoes"...

(With a light, cream sauce, and a chive chutney.............)

;)

She was simply an example of how bad an idea it is to give the cops the finger, particularly when you've pissed on your 'friends' so much that they wont back you up in court.

Back
Top Bottom