We've Been Using Apple Pay The Hard Way For More Than A Year!

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We really try to keep up with tech, and not be proud senior luddites.

We've been using Apple Pay for more than a year, and until some young whippersnapper showed me the easy way (one tap), I was doing it the hard way (two taps).

I was doing a tap and getting the double click prompt which forced me to complete a Face ID pass and then doing another tap to complete payment. The young guy told me I can do the double click before payment, and then complete payment in one tap. I had noticed before some merchants seemed to wonder why I had to tap twice, but it never dawned on me there was an easier way. :blush:

While it's the same number of steps, it's faster at checkout to do the latter. DW has found it to be much better with her Apple Watch too. Live and learn (more slowly these days)...

Last edited:
I double-click the side button on my watch, then touch it to the terminal. Done.

Never even get the phone out, and don't have to carry it with me.

I double-click the side button on my watch, then touch it to the terminal. Done.

Never even get the phone out, and don't have to carry it with me.

Exactly same here.

I didn’t start using Apple Pay at a terminal until I had it on my Apple Watch. So fast and easy.

Apple Watch is logged in all the time as long as it stays on your wrist.

We really try to keep up with tech, and not be proud senior luddites....

My DD tells us we need to just use our phone to pay but my DW insists on getting a reciept for every transaction. When we get gas it was not as easy at times because the "cashiers" on duty are too lazy to put paper in the pumps so I used to have to walk inside to ask for one,until one day Light bulb moment-- take a picture of the amount for later & then write it down at home!:facepalm::LOL: DW still won't go the phone route tho!:(

My DD tells us we need to just use our phone to pay but my DW insists on getting a reciept for every transaction. When we get gas it was not as easy at times because the "cashiers" on duty are too lazy to put paper in the pumps so I used to have to walk inside to ask for one,until one day Light bulb moment-- take a picture of the amount for later & then write it down at home!:facepalm::LOL: DW still won't go the phone route tho!:(

FWIW, when you use Apple Pay, the receipt appears in your Wallet app immediately.

As your resident AAPL bull, I just chime in to say... YES! YES! I love hearing stories like this.

You know what's better than Apple Pay? Apple Stock! And it's at a discount right now. You are welcome ;)

We almost always get a paper receipt when we use Apple Pay, sometimes we have to ask, many times we get it without asking. My accountant* prefers paper receipts...

We use Apple Pay at every opportunity for the enhanced security.

*DW

The iphone uses face id, but how does the apple watch know it is you making the purchase?

The iphone uses face id, but how does the apple watch know it is you making the purchase?

Because when you fasten it on your wrist, you log in with a passcode. And you stay logged in as long as it stays fastened on your wrist. You don’t have to log in again until you take it off. Very convenient!!

Last edited:
Because when you fasten it on your wrist, you log in with a passcode. And you stay logged in as long as it stays fastened on your wrist. You don’t have to log in again until you take it off. Very convenient!!
+1. Using Apple Pay with her Apple Watch has become a delight since DW found out the one tap method. She jumps in front of me to pay now, I don't have an Apple Watch and I guess she thinks I'm too out of fashion with my iPhone. :LOL:

FWIW, when you use Apple Pay, the receipt appears in your Wallet app immediately.

Does that 'receipt' break down the purchase by item and sales tax? I track our sales tax which, when combined with the sales tax on gasoline, usually ends up being more than the IRS estimate at tax time.

Back
Top Bottom