Seattle

Ed_The_Gypsy

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just read a great quote in Seattleite G.M Ford's potboiler, "Fury" (set in Seattle):

"Living in Seattle is like being married to a beautiful woman who is sick all the time."

Too true! :D

Ed

All true. And don't forget the earthquakes, active volcanoes, and grunge music.

This year is so bad that I have mushrooms in my lawn.

Ha

HaHa said:
This year is so bad that I have mushrooms in my lawn.

You've had years, or even days, without shrooms?   Wow.   In our little ecosystem, we even have creatures masquerading as shrooms so that the GIANT slugs don't eat them.

Hey Guys

Where do I call ahead and order one of Seattle's 12 days of sunshine per year - I'll be out that way for a week this year last part of July.

:confused:?

heh heh heh heh heh heh

unclemick2 said:
Hey Guys

Where do I call ahead and order one of Seattle's 12 days of sunshine per year - I'll be out that way for a week this year last part of July.

Sorry, I am going to Seattle for 5 days earlier in july and I already reserved the sun :D.

My husband went there twice on business and had gorgeous, sunny weather for several days both times--what are the odds? :LOL:

The first time I went to L.A., it was in january and a rainstorm had come through the night before. The skies were bluer than blue and the air was crystal clear--we could easily see snow-capped mtns and verdant hills above the city.

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
"Living in Seattle is like being married to a beautiful woman who is sick all the time."

Yeah but when she's not sick, she sure is beautiful  :D

I was out of town when this thread happened.

We moved to Seattle about a year and a half ago and we really like it. Those beautiful days that we have make you forget all those gloomy days. Maybe we can just appreciate it more.

We visited twice and it was mostly sunny and it was nice, but since we've moved here we've had days that you can see the mountains all around and it is like magic.

I'm heading out there on Friday. I told Unclemick I reserved the sun. I hope that forecast is accurate.

I just checked the long term forecast. Partly cloudy when I fly out on Friday and improving steadily until I leave on Wednesday.

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
...and my alma mater,  the Seattle campus of the University of Moscow.

Go 'Ruskies'!

:uglystupid:

Me too!

My my how things have changed

I think my profs(Aussie:confused:) in my far Eastern Studies(one of my liberal elective course cause you couldn't take ALL science stuff) thought The John Birch Society were a bunch of wussies and Goldwater was so liberal he was a commie dupe.

I always figured they spent too long in the outback before they came to Seattle.

Go DAWGs(30 yrs down south - heh heh). Class of 65.

heh heh heh

BTY

My sister and BIL are on the plane back right now. They watched Harrison Ford (Firewall) to relax last night - all that Seattle rain in the movie - got them 'tuned up' for the trip home.

To repeat - turn off the spiggot for the last week in July - I don't own a raincoat.

heh heh heh - high school reunion.

I dunno, Uncle Mick, the odds are against you - it has been hot and sunny for the past ten days (except of course the 4th of July - it rained). I think by the time you get here it will be cold and soggy again.

Summer in Washington State begins July 5. Always.

It is good that it rains on the 4th. My neighbor's boys shot Roman candles into the woods around our homes :eek: on Finn Hill in Kirkland on the 4th. In the morning we all found bottle rockets, etc., on our shake roofs. All that moss has a positive function on July 4th.

"Firewall" was filmed in Seattle? Gotta see it.

El Gitano

"Don't eat yellow snow."

"Who, who, who....let the dawgs out?"

Official state song of the State of Washington:

"Louis, louis--OOO-wah baby, we gotta go.

do do do...do do...do do do...do do

yeah, yeah, yeah."

[repeat endlessly]

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
Summer in Washington State begins July 5.  Always.

It is good that it rains on the 4th.  My neighbor's boys shot Roman candles into the woods around our homes  :eek: on Finn Hill in Kirkland on the 4th.  In the morning we all found bottle rockets, etc., on our shake roofs.  All that moss has a positive function on July 4th.

"Firewall" was filmed in Seattle?  Gotta see it.

El Gitano

"Don't eat yellow snow."

"Who, who, who....let the dawgs out?"

Official state song of the State of Washington:

"Louis, louis--OOO-wah baby, we gotta go.

do do do...do do...do do do...do do

yeah, yeah, yeah."

[repeat endlessly]

It is obvious that you enjoyed the 60s, 70s and probably most of the 80s way too much.

Tourists are coming, tourists are coming  ... pull in that overcast least they do just what we (our parents, grandparents, etc.) did, move here! ;) ;)

Seriously, have a wonderful time and don't forget to take the best buy in a cruse - a ride on a Washington State Ferry.  Pass up a glass of wine on the boat because you are obligated to remain in the galley area.  Go up top (and don't forget to wear a windbreaker)!!

Hmmm

And I thought Finn Hill Rd was south of Tukwila and norhtwest of Kent - foggy memory bank I guess.

heh heh heh - toooo long in New Orleans - of all the rock, cajun, jazz, jump and funk - Nashville's Johnny Russell and 'Renecks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer' sticks in my mind. Linda Ronsat's brief flirtation with country was kinda cool. Otherwise - just to show my age - Ricky Nelson, Chuck Berry, John Lee Hooker, Kingsmen(Louie Louie of course), The Fleetwoods and my buddy - Buddy Holley and then da Beach Boys.

Trip to PacNW - will include - Portland, Kalama, Kelso/Longview, Kent and Seattle - have friends/relatives in all the right/wrong:confused: places.

And I thought Finn Hill Rd was south of Tukwila and norhtwest of Kent

It probably still is, Unc.

We lived on Big Finn Hill north of Kirkland on the way to Bothell. The address used to be Bothell once, then the area was redistricted. All of the landowners had to change their deeds--at their own expense. (Before our time, tho.) The house is up for sale again at about twice what we sold it for 6 years ago. I couldn't afford to buy it for what we sold it then and I sure as hell could not afford it now. I think that makes the rate about 12% a year.

Gypsy

Back
Top Bottom