Secret Santa

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Lots of folks are walking into Wal-Mart and paying off Christmas lay-away orders. While I wasn't prepared to spend $46,000, I was going to visit my local Wally World and write a check to pay off some unknown person's account, anonymously.

Then I saw something on Twitter about how many kids have hot lunch balances at their school and how they shouldn't have to worry about such things. So, I called the grade school where my kids attended and talked to the hot lunch lady who will apply my anonymous donation to several accounts.

Just a thought if you're looking for some warm fuzzies before Christmas.

Have you done anything like this? If so, share (if you want). My dad used to pay some or all of his tenants' light bills, if he felt like they were trying. He always cried when he told me about doing it.

I go into Wal-Mart this time of year and honestly the people I want to help out are the cashiers. Imagine putting up with all they have to put up with while standing on your feet for 8+ hours. And people poop in the electric shopping cart seats. Not by accident, they just poop when they need to poop.

If that doesn't drive one to save carefully for retirement I don't know what will.

My wife and I have anonymously sent grocery store gift cards to people we know that are in need.

We also make a large annual donation to a local food bank around this time of year.

I’ve sent anonymous gift cards to people who I know need help. This year, we have spent some money helping our local cat rescue. She’s been having a tough year.

Back
Top Bottom