Join Early Retirement Today

SEPP Question
Old 11-20-2004, 04:49 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

SEPP Question

If I start my SEPP in December, 2004, I assume that this obligates me to the same withdrawal rate through December, 2009 OR, is there some provision to only count calendar years if I take a full year's withdrawal in December 2004?

How am I affected if I wait until Jan 2005 to start the SEPP withdrawals? Am I better off starting the SEPP now or waiting until next year?

ALSO - I have two seperate IRA accounts. Can I start a SEPP withdrawal from one (perhaps $30k/year) and a couple of years later, if necessary, start a SEPP withdrawal from the second account? OR, do I have to include the value of both accounts and live with one set SEPP withdrawal amount?

Are there any forms that I will need to file with my income taxes?

Thanks, Bob
cookrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: SEPP Question
Old 11-20-2004, 06:04 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/sepp2003.html

http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/seppnew.html
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I would also add www.72t.net That's the site run by "The Badger" from The Motley Fool.
Hyperborea is offline   Reply With Quote