Shirts

10% Tees
80% Polos
10% Button Down

But all must have a pocket. No pocket, No purchase! I have noticed that pocket polos are getting a little easier as the baby boomer ages and need a place for reading glasses.

And that is why I also described my pants.:nonono:

A.
I

By the way interesting to visualize all the responders as wearing something on top and nothing below the waist.

60%
20%
20%

I don't like polos but wear other pull over shirts in there place.

When I have lunches scheduled I usually wear a button down.

But tee's and flips are my go-to's.

I spend 30% of my time in work out clothes (nylon capris with nylon shirts ) .The rest of the time I spend in Pure JJill clothes . They are so soft it's like wearing your PJ's . I also wear dresses especially Maxi dresses & sun dresses .

By the way interesting to visualize all the responders as wearing something on top and nothing below the waist.
If it's good enough for Porky Pig and family, ....
69728-11644-102726-1-porky-pig.jpg

To wear those, better learn the magick shuffle, er, foot movement.

For me it is 85/10/5 although I often wear no shirt at all when in my apartment (I'm male), especially outside of the winter.

I wear a polo shirt when I go out (other than square dancing), except in hot weather when I switch to a T. I wear a button-down shirt when I go out square dancing 2 nights a week.

In retirement life or after work what percentage do you wear:
1. T-shirt
2. Polo Shirt
3. Button Down Shirt

1. 95%
2. 4.9%
3. 0.1%

We were required to where uniforms at my former employer, and they provided us with a $500 per year clothing allowance, which was "use it or lose it". So I always ended up with more clothing than I could wear out in a year, including t-shirts and polo shirts. So over the years, I gained about a 20 year reserve supply of clothes for retirement! Everything from T's to Carhartt Arctic Wear.

In the past 7+ years of ER, I've barely scratched the surface of my stash! When I get all gussied up for some special occasion, I break out a nice printed T from one our past vacations or some music fest that I went to. As far as dress shirts or sports shirts go, I only put one of those thing on if I'm forced to go to a wedding or something.....unless it's one of my few flowerdy tropical-print shirts!

Summer:
T-Shirt: 50% (all with a pocket now--for reading glasses)
"Polo": (3-button Henley) 40%
Button-up: 10%

Winter:
Long-sleeve T: 40%
3-Button Henley (long sleeve): 20%
Flannel button-up: 40%

I have a hard time finding casual cotton button-down shirts with plackets that don't pucker up after washing. Some 100% cotton shirts do fine, most have plackets that need ironing after a few washes--I don't wear those much after that starts happening.

I'm at about 10/4/86. I like light long sleeve shirts with a pocket. T-shirt or Polo style to clean the pool or go to a football game.

Back
Top Bottom