Should I Have Said This?

You could have told her you were making Hi-Fiber Oat Bran Chocolate Chip cookies; they go good with the Metamucil...and then whipped out your AARP card, and asked for a Senior discount.

She would have been swooning by then...:LOL:

I would have bursted out laughing and probably apologized for stereo-typing, but that is just me.

This whole thing seems so unbelievable to me that I think Al is kidding.

Of course you shouldn't say it! She and anyone who hears it will think you are losing your marbles.

Ha

As I was checking out at the grocery store, the pretty 20-something checker said "Oh, you got a coupon for chocolate chips -- your wife can make you some chocolate chip cookies!"
Should I have made the joke??
You could have said "Sure, just as soon as I finish making dinner and clean up the kitchen..."

People are usually surprised to learn that spouse and I split the cooking duties. They're even more surprised when they learn that I do the majority of the kitchen cleaning. I point out that I make up for the "lost" time by not washing cars, mowing the lawn, or watching football games on TV.

She probably thought you had a wife since you were using a coupon. I know that is a sexist thing to say also, but I seriously can not remember ever seeing any male member of my family, growing up or now, looking at or clipping coupons. I know that DH doesn't care if I use them, but he does not want to be bothered with them. I have seen many male member of my family bake cookies.
I'm the primary coupon-clipper in my household, too, but mainly because I end up reading the mail/fishwrapper first.

Al, you done good. The book of check-out line etiquette permits the silent reading (or even silent mouthing) of the word "testicles" if it is on the front page of the Globe or Enquirer. But it does not permit speaking aloud that particular word. For reference, these words are permitted: nuts, balls, wieners, buns, jugs, and (apparently) chrome nipples.

As I was checking out at the grocery store, the pretty 20-something checker said "Oh, you got a coupon for chocolate chips -- your wife can make you some chocolate chip cookies!"

My inclination was to say (with a smile, of course) "Yeah, I'd make them myself, but my testicles would get in the way."

Instead, I decided it was better to be safe than sorry, and just said (with smile) "Men can cook too, you know."

Should I have made the joke??

I'm glad you didn't, but have to admit that I'm sitting here LMAO. Good one!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom