Sincere thanks and goodbye for now

I also got one of those "you have reached the end of the internet" but I just started again at the beginning.

Good luck!

I have thought that at times, but I am always learning something. Sometimes I also get that feeling that I'm posting the same answer, so more and more I don't bother, though I do like to give back for all that I've learned. If it's a 50/50 or 55/45 opinion thing on something like mortgage or not, average in vs. lump sum, passive vs active investing, etc, I rarely bother anymore or at most state my own view and move on because it may or may not matter if someone takes my advice and it certainly doesn't matter to me if they do.

As another member who looks forward to and enjoys your posts... the old "Ah... Midpack made the last post on this thread that I am looking at from the Portal... I wonder what he had to say".... I hope that after a break that you'll miss us and return.

In the meantime, best wishes and enjoy the upcoming good weather....

You could have are least waited until after the Stanley Cup playoffs. :D But just remember... the longer that you stay away the closer I am getting to your post count. :LOL:

I've enjoyed reading all your posts. Hope to hear more from you. Best wishes.

So I thank you all and wish you all the best.

I may still look in occasionally, or even rejoin one day, never say never.

Peace

All the very best, and thank you for your contributions. Hopefully you will chart a course back to us one day.

Midpack,
I always enjoy your posts. Take a break and then hop back in when it suits you.
samclem

Midpack,

Thank you for all your contributions to the forum over the years. As a relative newbie I have learned a great deal from your posts.

I hope you will stop by from time to time if you feel like it.

In the meantime, all the best.

C'mon, nice try, but you can't fool us! Last year's 4/1 MP post was a good one too: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/time-to-come-clean-71359.html#post1433682

(But, no need to leave, just cut back a little and keep the Internet and these boards in perspective--put some of the "experts" on real or virtual ignore and don't take them too seriously. You know you'll miss us and where else can you get jokes, recipes, Netflix recommendations, and of course more beer advice than you ever even asked for!)

Yeah yeah yeah. April Fools!
And that sailboat race in Charleston is coming up later this month. Just sayin'...

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Why would anyone need to make a show of leaving a forum?

On 4/1 of all days?

Why would anyone need to make a show of leaving a forum?
If a frequent poster decides to take a hiatus, I think it's nice for them to leave a note. It beats everyone wondering "whatever happened to . . ."

Somehow the title to this thread reminds me of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (So Long and Thanks for All the Fish). Here's hoping it was just the date.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your insights! Best of luck.

Now if I did a similar post, I'd get tons of "thank you." :D

If a frequent poster decides to take a hiatus, I think it's nice for them to leave a note. It beats everyone wondering "whatever happened to . . ."

Midpack,

Thank you for all your contributions to the forum over the years. As a relative newbie I have learned a great deal from your posts.

I hope you will stop by from time to time if you feel like it.

In the meantime, all the best.

Just adding my +1 since my feelings have already been expressed better than I likely could have myself. I do hope to see your return.

It's one of those things, people come and go. And come back. And go again. It's the world of the internet. There are forums that I took very active roles in (thousands of posts), but eventually it just "gets old", I guess. I never "made an announcement" per se, just stopped posting. Some of the members would send messages (which I got via email) and I would fill them in. Most could have cared less or didn't even notice. This is one of the FEW forums I have been involved in where the "LOOK AT ME!!! I AM TALKING!!! LISTEN!!!" is very, very minimal.

Nonetheless, Midpack's contributions have been substantial, so even if *really* doesn't come back, his insights will live on. Don't you wish that some of your parent's or grandparent's stories could have been recorded in such a manner? Pretty cool, eh?

I totally understand the value of taking a break here and there. TY for helping educate me on a lot of topics via your posts.
See ya when you return, whenever that is the best time for you to do so. :flowers:

I too hope it was an April's Fool joke. If not, I will miss your posts and thanks for all the shared knowledge. I look forward to you stopping by from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom