Snake In Car

It takes more than a small snake to frighten my DW, however, the 4' cottonmouth on the driveway a couple of weeks ago did get her attention.:)
I really don't like cottonmouths / water moccasins. Bad snakes. Very bad snakes. And aggressive. We've got one (is there really just one?) down by the lake. I never seem to have my Judge with me when I see it - must remedy that situation. :facepalm:

Reminds me of the time a snake found it's way into our rental property that was vacant at the time. Our management company was doing a few repairs inside. One of the guys went to use the powder room...lifted the lid and YIKES, snake in the toilet!!! Supposedly he went screaming and running out of the townhouse like a little girl. I'm sure his buddies didn't let that one go for a long time. :ROFLMAO:

I am so happy for you FreetoCanoe now that the snake is gone. I had no suggestion to offer but I was very worried for you and your DW. I would not like to have been in your situation driving about and wondering if the little guy will slither up my legs.

This method is certified to get rid of the snake !

car20fire20drill.jpg

1983....South Africa...my late wife was driving......nighttime near Kruger Park....middle of nowhere, pitch dark....rented camper, poor headlights.....last second we see a python.....its head was already over one side of the road and its tail was still coming out of the ditch on the other side.

It was like hitting a roll of carpet.

Got back to Riyadh and was telling the story...someone asked if the snake was OK......to which I asked if they seriously thought I was gonna be wandering around in the dark to check the health of a, (pissed off), 20+ foot snake.

Welcome to CA, amigo. Here, snakes got 2 feet only.

They wanted to know if the SNAKE was OK? Another reason not to go the the ME.

Glad you got the snake out, Free!
We had two of those chicken snakes mating in a tree in our front yard. Left them to their privacy for sure. Did have to kill a big rattlesnake a few years ago, since we have dogs and cats. Don't kill the good snakes--we need them!

We had two of those chicken snakes mating in a tree in our front yard. Left them to their privacy for sure. Did have to kill a big rattlesnake a few years ago, since we have dogs and cats. Don't kill the good snakes--we need them!

OK Sarah, what are GOOD SNAKES?

Many years ago I remember how my Grandad, a wheat farmer, would pay kids to bring him "good snakes" to keep the rodents down. He also appreciated owls and barn cats.

I was kind of wishing the hear about how the snake in the car later turned into a pet snake to take car of the pesky rodents.

Not to mention most snakes are pretty tasty deep fried........:D One of my college roommates was from Colorado. I guess they go snake hunting all the time and it was legal back then. We neglected to tell him that the rattlesnakes in the La Crosse area are endangered and protected. One day he comes back with a burlap sack that was moving. Apparently he had harvested a bunch of rattlesnakes from the bluffs and was planning a big snake fry!! :eek:

1983....South Africa...my late wife was driving......nighttime near Kruger Park....middle of nowhere, pitch dark....rented camper, poor headlights.....last second we see a python.....its head was already over one side of the road and its tail was still coming out of the ditch on the other side.

It was like hitting a roll of carpet.

Got back to Riyadh and was telling the story...someone asked if the snake was OK......to which I asked if they seriously thought I was gonna be wandering around in the dark to check the health of a, (pissed off), 20+ foot snake.

Too bad Ol' Uncle Lar and Little Tommy haven't done WLS ANIMAL STORIES for 25 years. They would have loved this story. A recurring "theme" was Little Tommy asking "(animal species such as cat, dog, python) gonna be okay, Uncle Lar?" See first story in the attached.

YouTube - ‪WLS Animal Stories Pt 1‬‏

This thread is useless without pictures - and without a mention of Janet H and her late night encounter with a reptile in the toilet. She claims there is a photo of her fang-marked 16 year old tush in a medical journal somewhere but I won't believe it until I see it...

She claims there is a photo of her fang-marked 16 year old tush in a medical journal somewhere but I won't believe it until I see it...

Would you like to contribute to my retirement fund ?

:LOL:

I tink, mebe yu bin eating too many da mushrooms, eh?

I have and will continue to blame Cute Fuzzy Bunny for implanting the badger, badger, badger thing in my mind. Even so, I still love and miss CFB very much.

All snakes are good snakes in the USA except for 4. The only dangerous ones are venomous - rattlers, water moccasins, coral snakes and copperheads in the order of dangerous. Rattlesnakes are very venomous, inject a lot of venom and are aggressive. Most snakes will not bother you if you leave them alone. A venomous snake around your house is a danger otherwise leave them alone they do much more good than harm.

Oh btw, if you are in Florida you can now worry about pythons! Why people would have these then release them into the wild is beyond me. While not venomous they grow to be quite large, 20' is common and weigh 200 pounds, and can easily kill an adult (at 1/2 that size) though they couldn't eat you, if that is any consolation after you are dead!

Back
Top Bottom