Snip Snip

For men only: Have you had a vasectomy?

• yes

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • no

Votes: 65 58.0%

• Total voters
azanon said:
Isn't it nice to know that there are more options than the two you listed, such as birth control pills i discussed earlier.  If you know you struggle with paying attention and missing key points, maybe not posting is a better approach?

Azanon: Apologize for taking this thread off-topic for a second.

How many times have you had your nose broken?

If none, than you had world class speed, or one helluva defense when you were growing up. ;)

Azanon: Apologize for taking this thread off-topic for a second.

How many times have you had your nose broken?

If none, than you had world class speed, or one helluva defense when you were growing up.

Jarhead, have you ever heard of a "false dichotomy" (sometimes you'll hear it called a false Dilemma)? Michael's argument was one. I see you recognized I dont much respect arguments that use common logical fallacies.

Oh yeah, your question.... you're going to need to be pretty tough and fit to mess with me if you're not armed. You know those people that are tough enough in stature, that most people just assume avoid them and go find someone else to pick on? I'm one of them. You asked....

Azanon

Zero to jerk in 1.2 seconds.

Impressive!

I've seen a baby born and am quite familiar with the mechanics of pregnancy.

I've seen in detail what a vasectomy involves.

There doesnt appear to be any defensible position that says the latter is less safe than the former.

I'll be quite pleased to go drag up statistics to prove it...but that'd kind of be a waste of time now, wouldnt it?

And isnt it nice how the internet makes every little toaster muffin into a tough guy ::)

Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Zero to jerk in 1.2 seconds.

Impressive!

And isnt it nice how the internet makes every little toaster muffin into a tough guy ::)

Like they say: @ssholes always advertise...

Actually I said "jerk". I dont mind assholes. Assholes usually have a purpose of some kind. Jerks are just jerks.

I'm Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny, and I'm an *******... ;)

azanon said:
You know those people that are tough enough in stature, that most people just assume avoid them and go find someone else to pick on?  I'm one of them.   You asked.... 

Its odd...walking around in the world, I run into maybe 1 out of 1000 people  that I wouldn't want to mess with...but yet on the internet, a good 75-80% of the people fit this self-description...

Maybe a lot of people who use the internet also eat their wheaties? :LOL:

You can mess with me. I'll probably just roll over and let you rub my belly.

LOL! I'm going to give mad props to the first guy I see on the internet that says, "Most everybody could kick my butt, I'm kind of a wimp!". :LOL:

A friend of mine is a Tae Kwon Do buff, was nationally ranked (for his particular association, I know there are a lot). I love to talk smack at him, shout, "Tae Kwon Do stinks!" or some statement about how I could take him. He always just smiles right back, without malice. I respect him immensly for it.

And to bring it back into the thread, his wife got pregnant with their third kid, he said, "mission accomplished!" and scheduled the snip snip. After three kids weighing in an average of ten lbs., it was the least he could do.

Laurence said:
LOL! I'm going to give mad props to the first guy I see on the internet that says, "Most everybody could kick my butt, I'm kind of a wimp!".  :LOL:

. . .
Most of us learn at an early age how to use a combination of well-timed bluster, stealthy misdirection, and quick escapes. Our butts aren't that easy to kick. :D :D :D

sgeeeee said:
Most of us learn at an early age how to use a combination of well-timed bluster, stealthy misdirection, and quick escapes.  Our butts aren't that easy to kick.   :D :D :D

I'm a 14 year old boy from Nebraska, most anybody could kick my butt, but that's the great thing about the internet, no one needs to know the truth. :LOL:

Hello azanon,

The topic of this thread is vasectomies, and you state "I havent really looked into the real risks and potential complications of the surgery."

I've had a vasectomy, I have experience with a partner who took b/c pills for a lengthy time, and I did some research before I undertook the operation. I expect you'll take that as an argument from authority, but it is meant to demonstrate that I do have some small familiarity with this subject, quite possibly more than you do.

If you think my general comment in re the thread topic was proposing a false dichotomy, I'll make a note to cross you off my list of experts in rhetoric. My comment was on the relative risks of vasectomy surgery vs childbirth. I made no comment in re b/c pills, abstinence or any other birth control/avoidance methods, and the only reason I quoted your statement was because you raised the issue of surgical risks.

I hope your day goes better than it started off.

cheers,
Michael

Sheryl said:
I'm a 14 year old boy from Nebraska, most anybody could kick my butt, but that's the great thing about the internet, no one needs to know the truth.   :LOL:

Sheryl: If that's true, Ha, and the future of the entire human race, regardless of how much Wheat Bread you bring to the table is in deep
s--t. ;)

Jarhead* said:
Sheryl: If that's true, Ha, and the future of the entire human race, regardless of how much Wheat Bread you bring to the table is in deep
s--t. ;)

On the other hand, there should be lots of empty cells to lock Ha up in, if he goes through with it anyway... ;)

Laurence said:
A friend of mine is a Tae Kwon Do buff, was nationally ranked (for his particular association, I know there are a lot). I love to talk smack at him, shout, "Tae Kwon Do stinks!" or some statement about how I could take him. He always just smiles right back, without malice. I respect him immensly for it.
Martial arts gives you the confidence that you can kick someone's butt when they're talking trash, and the serenity to appreciate that there's no need to actually do so.

Kinda like responding to trolls.

...a vasectomy is a pretty minor medical event

Any event that involves sharp instruments around my privates is not minor.

But seriously, I had mine a few years ago, and I'm glad I did.

Anybody have data from a reliable source that would document the number of deaths associated with vasectomies on an annual basis?  

I could find no data other than reports of No deaths associated with this procedure.  

However, there is data on deaths from tubal ligation (female snip snip) that indicates 20 deaths per thousand cases...mostly from anesthesia.

How about data from deaths associated with childbirth?  Here are some:

Death statistics for Childbirth: The following are statistics from various sources about deaths and Childbirth:

Death rate statistics for mother during pregnancy/childbirth:
399 female deaths for "pregnancy and childbirth" in America in the USA 2001(NCHS, 2003)

150 black female deaths for "pregnancy and childbirth" in America in the USA 2001(NCHS, 2003)

151 female deaths for "pregnancy and childbirth" in America in the USA 2001(NCHS, 2003)

16 Asian/Pacific Islander female deaths for "pregnancy and childbirth" in America in the USA 2001(NCHS, 2003)

18 Hispanic/Latin female deaths for "pregnancy and childbirth" in America in the USA 2001(NCHS, 2003)

228 white female deaths for "pregnancy and childbirth" in America in the USA 2001(NCHS, 2003)

5 American Indian/Alaska Native female deaths for "pregnancy and childbirth" in America in the USA 2001(NCHS, 2003)

Death rate statistics for baby during childbirth:
6.8 deaths per 1,000 live births in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
5.7 deaths per 1,000 live births to white mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
13.3 deaths per 1,000 live births to black mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
9.7 deaths per 1,000 live births to American Indian/Alaska Native mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
4.7 deaths per 1,000 live births to Asian or Pacific Islander mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
3.2 deaths per 1,000 live births to Chinese mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
4.0 deaths per 1,000 live births to Japanese mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
5.5 deaths per 1,000 live births to Filipino mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
7.3 deaths per 1,000 live births to Hawaiian mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
5.4 deaths per 1,000 live births to Hispanic/Latino mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
5.2 deaths per 1,000 live births to Mexcican mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
8.5 deaths per 1,000 live births to Puerto Rican mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
4.2 deaths per 1,000 live births to Cuban mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
5.0 deaths per 1,000 live births to Central and South American mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)
13.5 deaths per 1,000 live births to Black or African American mothers in the USA 2001 (NCHS, 2003)

According to this site, there have been no deaths from vasectomies:

http://www.malehealthcenter.com/vasec.html

And from this site: http://mens-health.health-cares.net/vasectomy-risks.php

No death has ever been attributed to this procedure. On the other hand, tubal ligation, a frequently performed surgical sterilization procedure in women, is associated with no fewer than 20 deaths per year. These unnecessary deaths occur because of the risks of the procedure itself, anesthesia complications, and increased ectopic pregnancy rates.

Martha said:
Up until the date we get together and do Azanon's.    :)

I'd be happy to be in charge of Azanon's surgery if we can schedule it in the next week or so.  (It will be at least that long until my home course is playable).

If we can't work it out in that period of time, then he's somebody else's problem ;)

Sheryl said:
I'm a 14 year old boy from Nebraska, most anybody could kick my butt, but that's the great thing about the internet, no one needs to know the truth. :LOL:

So you're not the manly-girl after all. No wonder you're confused... :confused: ;)

MJ (Mary Jane)

Cool Dood said:
Does that include home vasectomies?
Sounds like a great internet business: selling home vasectomy kits. They come with a sharp knife, a needle and thread and a bottle of wiskey. Throw in a video instruction tape and sell the whole thing for $99.99 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom