Soccer Goal GIF

That's incredible, off the outside of his foot no less! As a novice I can imagine a hook (slice?) off the inside of the foot, probably not uncommon. But off the outside of the foot, wow (to me at least). For most amateurs I'd think that would be an accident, I wonder if the pros are that good (probably yes).

Last edited:
What a shot!

But anyone who ever watched Pelé play should have no doubt about what a truly gifted player can do.

That's incredible, off the outside of his foot no less! As a novice I can imagine a hook (slice?) off the inside of the foot, probably not uncommon. But off the outside of the foot, wow (to me at least). For most amateurs I'd think that would be an accident, I wonder if the pros are that good (probably yes).

If you look, it was off his laces.... he also had the advantage of the ball rolling in a direction that would lead it to curve the way it did...

This is not trying to take anything away from the goal... it was a great goal...

I saw this yesterday... has to be a horrible feeling for the player...

Y! SPORTS

Fantastic goal, and it was his 50th career goal - 1 to remember for sure.

Wonder goals are fairly common these days since soccer's governing body FIFA sanctioned new designs and materials in the manufacture of soccer balls to get them to swerve in the air. (They were looking for ways to increase the number of goals and considered a number of options including making the goals larger)

I liked this amazing goal at the end of last season scored by Papa Cisse of Newcastle against Chelsea.

Cisse wonder goal v chelsea - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom