Join Early Retirement Today
Speakerphone for cell phone
Old 11-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.
Speakerphone for cell phone

We cut the landline cord years ago and my DW and I rely on our iPhones and Consumer Cellular (love it!).

Iphone is a pain when needing to multitask.. like being on with tech support or customer service and needing to look up something or write something down. The speakerphone in the iPhone

we just received a Philips WeCall Bluetooth speakerphone. 8 hours on a charge (via usb). Highly portable.. can play music, podcasts etc as well as phone. 4 microphones...volume up/down, mute.. crystal clear! Awesome product. Not cheap at $149, but worth it or us..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1772.JPG (37.4 KB, 110 views)

Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
Great idea! We have a bluetooth speaker I use to play podcasts or news and occasionally music and it says it will work as a speakerphone but I've never tried it. Time for an experiment!

"One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute." William Feather
ER'd Oct. 2010 at 53. Life is good.
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.
We cut the landline cord as well. But we still use our landline handsets with Google Voice and an Obi100, which is totally free after $35 one-time cost of the Obi device. So we still have access to great speakerphone quality and other familiar features of our legacy handsets where mobile phones typically fall short. More importantly, we don't pay for mobile minutes when we're at home. With the increased popularity of pay-as-you-go MVNOs (we use Ting), the case for VoIP is rising.
Retired at 52 in July 2013. On to better things...

AA: 45% stock, 35% bonds, 15% real estate, 5% cash
Cobra9777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
hunh. I just stick my Nokia 520 in an empty glass laying on it's side...
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:07 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...
I have a BT speaker. I will have to try it for a telecon on my iPhone. I have VOIP for landline phone now using Smart Jack but I hooked it up to my house wiring and get a bit of static on the lines so the speaker phone sucks.
Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson
donheff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...
I dropped the landline and have this bluetooth adapter to connect the house wirring to my cell phone. The old landline set has a speaker function.

Yes, I have achieved work / life balance.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote