Spooky, but not unfamiliar

Why do we only work on the supply side of the equation!
If we were serious about ending the trade in drugs we would work on decreasing the demand.
Until then the war on drugs will never end.

brewer12345 said:
Guatemala suspends rights over drugs
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060830/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/guatemala_crackdown

Why do I get the queasy feeling that the difference between what is going on in Guatamala and what is happening in the US is simplythat they have openly declared it, while we "just do it" ?

We all view the world through our own glasses.......and that's the way you see things.  And that's fine with me.........   :-*  I can't explain the queasy feeling though.  Did you eat spicy food late last night?  ;)

I do admit this part is troubling.....

"A two-week order, called a state of prevention, allows the government to suspended the rights to carry firearms "

Reminds me of anti-gun whacko types here in the States trying to stomp on our rights to bear arms.

Reminds me of anti-gun whacko types here in the States trying to stomp on our rights to bear arms.

Yes but remember, it could be necessary someday to stop a terrorist. Or somebody might think it will. The Dept of Homeland Just Leave Everything Up to Us While You Go Shopping

Absolutely Razztazz....... I think you've got it! There is an amazingly similarity between the current supressive actions by the Guatemalan government and anti-gun groups here. I wonder if there is some kind of conspiracy?

Absolutely Razztazz....... I think you've got it! There is an amazingly similarity between the current supressive actions by the Guatemalan government and anti-gun groups here. I wonder if there is some kind of conspiracy?

Not a conspiracy, more like Evil twins. The
political "spectrum" isn't Left vs Right like everybody thinks. It's circular.

Just keep going to the Right and you'll eventually meet The Left. Keep moving farther and farther Left and you'll run into The Right

Agreed. Good way to look at it!

Back
Top Bottom