Steve Fossett's new life

MGYog

Recycles dryer sheets
Steve F>:Dossett's ID papers were found by a hiker in a remote area near Mammoth Lake, near Idaho(?), along with money. My theory ( I love a mystery), is he chucked it all to start a new life somewhere in Thailand, the Philippines, or South America. After all, he "done" everything, and what else could he do that was interesting? Any other plot lines out there?

IMHO he is living as a beachcomber in some beach, and helping the natives start a commune to start making some indigenous product to better themselves, and living in with a couple of nubile young native girls....
evil.gif

Yeah, I do find it odd that no human remains nor plane parts were found near the papers. That would be a heck of a trick for a pilot to pull.

Not that tough in bear/mountain lion country. :p

Although I saw a guy with a dog at the beach today collecting cans that looked an awful lot like him.

Oh darn, there goes another conspiracy/mystery/conundrum/what ever happened to? story. I would have preferred he was never found, just like that parachuting hijacker....D.B. Cooper. I betcha he lives next door to me, too.
No, we can keep the conspiracy theory alive! Fosset was wealthy and technically competent. He could easily have made his Balanca into a UAV, and flown it remotely from another aircraft, crashing the Belanca into the remote area. We need to check the air traffic records to see if there was another aircraft nearby the Belanca, perhaps on a parallel course. Crowded So Cal skies: there probably was an aircraft nearby.
But what if there wasn't? No problem: Fosset's shadow aircraft could easily have been at a lower altitude (below ATC coverage). Or, if we don't like that theory, many of his friends had fabric covered aircraft: a little "special treatment" of the metal components (engine, wing spar, struts and wires) and you've got yourself a low-budget stealth acft. Not god enough to beat a military radar, but enough to beat a civilian ATC radar with filters set high to eliminate noise and clutter.
Gotta go--I have a book to write . . .

Anderson said no human remains were found in the wreckage.

If authorities find no evidence of the remains in the cockpit (body fragments, skin, etc.) or bones in the area outside the airplane (if the body was dragged away by animals) I'll be mighty suspicious it's going to turn out to be a scam. And if that's true, Fossett should be tortured if he shows up alive...... at a minimum.

If authorities find no evidence of the remains in the cockpit (body fragments, skin, etc.) or bones in the area outside the airplane (if the body was dragged away by animals) I'll be mighty suspicious it's going to turn out to be a scam. And if that's true, Fossett should be tortured if he shows up alive...... at a minimum.

Looks like we can put this story to bed. Remains found.

NTSB: Remains found at Steve Fossett wreckage site - Yahoo! News

Looks like we can put this story to bed. Remains found.

NTSB: Remains found at Steve Fossett wreckage site - Yahoo! News
Dang! And here I was hoping he pulled off the old DB Cooper parachute gig! But hey, so far they've only found a 2" piece of bone......and their not positive yet whether it's his, or if it's even from a human. So maybe there's hope that I can hang onto my DB Copper theory! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Heck, if that's the case, maybe he and ol' DB are kickin' back sippin' suds over at DB's place. :D

Back
Top Bottom