"Stop script" freezing computer

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Help !! I often get this message when I open an internet link. I know the message is going to come because the computer freezes or acts VERY slow just prior to the message appearing. After this message I need to click on one of 3 boxes.

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://js.moatads.com/nbcunive…5858&zMoatPS=boxadone&zMoatST=:223
"

No matter what I pick, the computer still is slow or frozen for a short while. I cleared my cache/cookies [at least, I think I did], but invariably this things crops up again. Do I need a pro to clean up my laptop:confused:

Not sure what OS you are running, but things running slowly are often due to low available memory (RAM). At that point, the OS needs to start pulling data out of RAM, and writing it to the disk to free up memory. It will then load this memory in from disk when it needs it. This process can be thousand's of times slower than accessing the same data in RAM.

Check your 'Activity Manager' for your OS to see if you are 'paging' or 'swapping' out to disk.

If so, the answer is more RAM, and/or close things that are using a lot of memory.

-ERD50

I've been getting a lot of "the website is not responding" as the screen freezes. Along with the "script not responding" stuff. Wasn't happening before.

Back
Top Bottom