subscribing to threads?

bright eyed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
hi,

how does this function work?

i'm getting subscribed to threads I have posted in - but not conisistantly - so am i hitting a button somewhere or missing something?

and the subsequent annoying bunch 'o emails in my inbox...:rant:

can someone splain please!

I must have subscribed to one too. Just turn it off using "unsubscribe" under Forum Tools in the menu bar.

hi,

how does this function work?

i'm getting subscribed to threads I have posted in - but not conisistantly - so am i hitting a button somewhere or missing something?

and the subsequent annoying bunch 'o emails in my inbox...:rant:

can someone splain please!

I can help with the email problem: Click on "User CP" at the upper left of this page, then click on "Edit Options" under the Control Panel to your left. Scroll down to Messaging & Notifications, and under Default Thread Subscription Mode, select "No email notification" from the drop-down box.

As to how the subscribed threads function works, I'm still working on that one....

I can help with the email problem: Click on "User CP" at the upper left of this page, then click on "Edit Options" under the Control Panel to your left. Scroll down to Messaging & Notifications, and under Default Thread Subscription Mode, select "No email notification" from the drop-down box.

As to how the subscribed threads function works, I'm still working on that one....

I did this but still get emails on thread replys. Any other suggestions? Also, when I log on as Dawg52 using my old password(only one that I know of) I get a message that tells me invalid user name or password but it still logs me on anyway. Is this just the way it works or what do I need to do to not have this message box pop up every time I log on?

I did this but still get emails on thread replys. Any other suggestions? Also, when I log on as Dawg52 using my old password(only one that I know of) I get a message that tells me invalid user name or password but it still logs me on anyway. Is this just the way it works or what do I need to do to not have this message box pop up every time I log on?

I'm new to all this too, and I've already exhausted my very limited knowledge on the subject. I'll see if we can find some help.

ditto - i already had the no-email thing in the user cp and i still got auto subscribed to threads -

i don't want to manually un-subscribe all the time...:duh:

I think I figured it out. Once you're subscribed to a thread, the properties in effect at the time you subscribed 'stick' until you change them for each thread. I managed to get to a screen that let me select all of my subscribed threads, then used a drop down box to change them all to 'no email notification'. With a default setting under User CP of 'no email notification', all future threads should also get no email generated.

Back
Top Bottom