Sure-fire contender for the 2015 Darwin Awards

A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head
Hold my beer and watch this.

Darwin nominees LOVE the Fourth of July weekend.

Man swimming in Orange bayou dies in apparent alligator attack - Houston Chronicle

The deceased decided to take a dip just after the 2 a.m. closing time at a bar down by the river.

Extra points: this was the first confirmed death by alligator in Texas since the year the Alamo fell, 1836.

622x350.jpg

Man swimming in Orange bayou dies in apparent alligator attack - Houston Chronicle

The deceased decided to take a dip just after the 2 a.m. closing time at a bar down by the river.

Extra points: this was the first confirmed death by alligator in Texas since the year the Alamo fell, 1836.

622x350.jpg

Funny thing is that there are alligators in various lakes in the state and no problem with them.... I know DW asked a park ranger once and he said it was fine to swim at the park...

“The individual is deceased, so we’re not gonna issue a ticket to him,” Shakinas said. “But we would just remind everyone that alcohol and fireworks do not mix.”

Funny thing is that there are alligators in various lakes in the state and no problem with them.... I know DW asked a park ranger once and he said it was fine to swim at the park...

Apparently, at this location, news mentioned the gator was periodically fed by locals and was used to having food thrown in the water. Also, it was noted that the gator was under the dock at times, especially this time.

Apparently, at this location, news mentioned the gator was periodically fed by locals and was used to having food thrown in the water. Also, it was noted that the gator was under the dock at times, especially this time.

The accounts I read said that the marina employee was pleading and pleading with him not to get in the water. To which he replied "f### the alligators" and jumped in.

You really can't fix stupid. :(

The accounts I read said that the marina employee was pleading and pleading with him not to get in the water. To which he replied "f### the alligators" and jumped in.

Tommie died like he lived...

ad_174375425.jpg

Your correct you can't fix stupid or drunk. I guess the old line about "some people's mission in life is to serve as a warning to others" is so very true.

OK, I can see the allure of hand held bottle rocket fights. Even throwing cherry bombs. But putting a mortar on your head? WTF?

I believe that natural selection is at play with these kinds of occurrences. To often, the health care system steps in before nature can finish it's job. And then you and I pay for their recovery because of course they don't have health insurance.

Guess we need background checks for fireworks...:facepalm:

jk btw

Must've been some party! (before and after)

Thanks for the link. The TV stations up here have managed to avoid ALL pertinent details, other than "he jumped in to swim, in an area that an 11' gator had been seen recently". And plenty of video of the water.

Time to go play Tony Joe White's "Polk Salad Annie" (poke sallet)

Well I guess they're going to update all fireworks packaging to warn folks that you shouldn't detonate fireworks on your head:banghead:!

I understand why we have some of these types of warnings, some people really need them.

Attachments

• 1436200373618.jpg
    1436200373618.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I understand why we have some of these types of warnings, some people really need them.

When I see warnings like that I have to believe that somewhere, somehow, someone was actually dumb enough to do that.

And then I ask myself "How could that person possibly have survived childhood?"

Not "quite" as stupid as the others, but considering he was in contract negotiations with the Giants, this could cost him millions...

Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul reportedly damages hand in fireworks accident (updated) - The Washington Post

TMZ reported Sunday, citing “sources familiar with the situation,” that Pierre-Paul had “suffered bad injuries to some of his fingers and his thumb.”

The Giants had offered Pierre-Paul had a one-year tender worth $14.8 million, but he had yet to sign it, hoping for a longer-term deal. The team may choose to rescind the offer, making the two-time Pro Bowler, who had 12.5 sacks last season, an unrestricted free agent.

Breaking news...Alligator pays with his life for taking a bite out of Tommie.

Men claim they killed gator in Friday's death - Beaumont Enterprise

UPDATE: 11ft alligator shot by Orange residents after fatal attack | The Examiner

An Orange resident who would only identify himself as "Bubba Bear" told The Examiner that he and other residents went out into the bayou this afternoon and bated the alligator on a fishing line and shot the animal in the head when he emerged from the water.
628x471.jpg

Back
Top Bottom