Surfing with an iPad

AHA!!! Somebody else DOES hold their iPad like this. I was astounded when I couldn't find a single photo or diagram of this way to hold an iPad, in Google images.

OK, so our way of holding an iPad is not so weird after all. Good!

I have no desire for a handle. When googling, I saw handles that stick to the back of the iPad with a suction cup, and handles like the one you ordered. But I am perfectly happy holding it the way I do.

My had is cramping up and it's a bit heavy. I can deal with it, but I'm looking for a better solution. As is, I'm moving around too much. Shifting between hands and between landscape (two handed) and portrait. If the strap/handle I ordered doesn't work, I have my eye on a stand like jabbahop mentioned.

The thing with having it on my lap is that it results in my neck pointing down which gets uncomfortable quickly. Plus, after sitting at a desk most of my life (an accountant/manager), I'm already hunched over and I consciously make a point to straighten up as much as possible.

How does that work when you are sitting on the toilet?

You don't take an iPad into the bathroom. That's what your phone is for - portability. :LOL:

I just finished my 2017 taxes using the TurboTax app on my iPad. I use Chrome for the forums. If I respond to anything I use a Bluetooth keyboard.

How does that work when you are sitting on the toilet?

You don't take an iPad into the bathroom. That's what your phone is for - portability. :LOL:

I guess I was wrong:

48m62dpjnq70zj8x.jpg

I have an iPad Pro with the "Smart Cover" (or whatever Apple calls its magnetized cover). It helps me hold it in bed (though it does get a bit heavy). I have a beat-up lapboard in the living room. I fold the cover into its display stand configuration and put a Bluetooth keyboard in front of it, and I'm good to go.

The ER app does not allow you to see (or take) polls. Otherwise it's fine.

I use the 1Blocker ad block, which cost me all of a buck ninety-nine and keeps those "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE WON!" screen hijackers at bay. I also use 1Password (no relation to 1Blocker) to manage all of my confidential information: passwords, credit card numbers, secure notes, auto VIN, drivers' license ID ... the whole megillah. It's all available to me at a thumbprint.

Back
Top Bottom