Surf's Up - in Cleveland

Khan,

That is a great read!! It reads like it was written for The Onion, but it is legit.

"To reach the lake, surfers drag their boards across snowdrifts and beaches littered with used condoms and syringes, Mr. Ditzenberger said. The most popular surf spot is Edgewater State Park. It is nicknamed Sewer Pipe because, after heavy rains, a nearby water treatment plant regularly discharges untreated waste into Lake Erie."

Nords, your pals could learn a thing or two from these stout Ohio souls. You guys should have a telethon to buy them tickets to Hawaii next winter.

samclem said:
Nords, your pals could learn a thing or two from these stout Ohio souls. You guys should have a telethon to buy them tickets to Hawaii next winter.
No kidding-- those Great Lakes surfers are more scary than the water conditions. Martha pointed us to the video:
http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=9215.msg170896#msg170896

Our quarter-inch custom-fitted Monterey Bay wetsuits have been hanging in our garage since 1989. I don't know if I can even get my chest & shoulders into the jacket anymore, and I'm not sure I want to have a hood face ever again...

Back
Top Bottom