Surrogate Next of Kin

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have some upcoming medical procedures that have a risk. Since I have no "Notify Next of Kin", who would you put on the form. I have a few friends who might take time to say "Yeah, I knew him but what do ya want".

Is it even worth having someone collect your body?

Can you hire someone?

I agree-we will have an early retirement field trip. We do love you here!

Dreamer

Martha and Dreamer speak for all of us- take care, and we do care about you. Good luck with your surgery.

If there is actually anything you want done, PM me. If I can help, I will.

Ha

I hope this works out well for you and hope to see you posting here soon.
Best wishes
Bruce

Best of luck, OAP. Please let us know how you are doing. We all care about you.

LL

Thanks everyone. Those responses make me feel really good.

With 4-6 hours of surgery on Thursday, I got a little morbid yesterday, sorry.

My problems have at least energized me to get my legal house in order. Finalized the conversion of my accounts to my Trust just this past Wednesday and mailed the legal docs to my trustee.

Ha, what a kind offer!
You guys are the best!! :-*

Haven't been here long so I'm not familiar with OldAgePensioner, but I do send him all my best wishes.

OAP, it's great that you got your affairs in order and can sleep well at night on that account. Now, it's time for me to start thinking long those lines as well. Makes me think of that Frank Sinatra song, "I've got plenty of nothin'..." When you don't have anything.. you've got no worries about what happens to it all.

In bocca al lupo!

Hi OAP,

Good luck on Thursday. How about your lady friend. Is she still a lady? Still a friend? I hope you have someone there for you on Friday. We'll be thinking of you.

BUM,
Thanks for asking. No, my lady friend left several months back to care for her elderly parents. She has no idea of the issues I have.

On the form, I had to designate my pickup person. I put "Taxi" and I believe that they think I have a relative named Taxi.

I will actually probably get a medical shuttle ride home next Tuesday or Wednesday, all of 3 blocks. I would walk but I will have a couple of IV bags and in Chicago they would probably freeze :D

OAP, I wonder if you have the time or inclination to set up a few home care visits through an accredited home care provider for at least a few days or weeks after your surgery depending on your possible needs.

I think we would all feel better if we know someone was set up to look in on you once a day, even if only to do a bit of cleaning or shopping that you might not be up to doing.

I know it's hard not to be independent, but heck, when a pipe bursts, I don't think twice about calling a plumber to help me out. A local church or community group might be able to recommend someone, or there's always the Yellow Pages.

Do take care.. and best wishes.

OAP,
Good luck and please let us know that all is well as soon as you can. :)

ladelfina, Thanks for the thoughts. I've promised to make mid-morning phone calls to a friend in California and one in North Carolina, just to check in. They have the front office number for my condo building if they need it.

Eagle43, thanks. I will definitely post on my first day back.

OAP, I wish you the best of luck and that you return in a healed condition.

MJ

Good Luck OAP, make sure to let the nurses know you'll be alone, they have the ability to set up calls and/or visits for you if you need it with approval from your dr.

MJ, Outtahere, thanks for your kind words and good ideas. I've told the Dr. that I live alone and he was a bit concerned so I'll ask about possible support.

REW, thanks.
I will have to get catheterized before the op, so the ladies will get more info than I care to share. :D

REW,
Over the last 3 months, I have been to hospital about 20 times and I've learned to check my ego at the door. I have yet to understand why the gowns are open in the back. :eek:

OldAgePensioner said:
Over the last 3 months, I have been to hospital about 20 times and I've learned to check my ego at the door. I have yet to understand why the gowns are open in the back. :eek:

Painfully true. I think every hospital should have a sign over the entryway reading "Abandon all dignity ye who enter here." :-[

Good luck OAP. Remember, we do care about you and will be thinking of you.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom