Join Early Retirement Today
Re: Swell timing
Old 12-29-2005, 10:17 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Is that one of those $5,000 babies that they used on X-Files?

my bumpersticker:
"I am not in a hurry.
I am retired.
And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2005, 02:25 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I didnt think you were talking about the light at first.

I have the wimpy 2 million candlepower unit thats actually so bright that if I train it on something I want to read I cant make out the letters through the luminance...

Well my brother in law and I tore up that piece of the roof. More brilliant quality construction. When you install a tile roof, you lay the tiles in from the edge until you get a couple of tiles away from any valleys...then you snap a chalk line on that last row, cut the tiles to fit the valley and slide them over, then fill in the last two tiles in the middle. Saves you from cutting each tile one by one. Unfortunately this dickhead had his blade too deep and cut through the tar paper and into the sheeting and left it that way. That wasnt so bad as 80+% of water is shed by the tiles themselves. What ended up happening was 9 years of construction dirt and dust that settled on the roof eventually collected under the tiles near the valley, some water was diverted by the collected dirt (now mud) along the horizontal furring strip that the tiles hang on, until it hit the slice in the tar paper over my sons room...and drip...drip...drip...

So we did what the builder should have done...filled the cut with some roofing cement then cleaned the collected mud out and replaced a few cracked and broken tiles. That should do it.

The schmoe that cut the tar paper probably was afraid he'd get in trouble for screwing it up and hid it before the boss saw it, figuring it'd be years before it'd become a problem.

Now I just have to wonder about what other wonderful errors are waiting to spring out on me...Grrr.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:22 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.
Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Originally Posted by Ed_The_Gypsy
Is that one of those $5,000 babies that they used on X-Files?
Similar, the ones on the x-files were HID as well, although the one in the first photo will only set you back about $500 or so. You can order a 30 million CP HID spotlight from these guys for about $130. search for part # 93175

Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote