TaxAct Pricing

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just as a FYI, TaxAct regularly sends out emails saying something like, "last chance to get TaxAct for $X". I got some offers for $20, then $22, then today, one for $18.

I looked online and found a coupon code for $12, which includes the state filing.

Yea, I know you can get TurboTax from Vanguard for free, but I only have half my money there, so no joy.

Last edited:
Very nice. I have always paid about $17 when purchased in advance. This included TaxAct for desktop (download), State version, and one e-filing for both Fed and State.

You can also download the free version of Tax Act for Fed which also allows a Fed e-file. You would be on your own for state however, if you don't purchase a state module.

TaxAct runs laps around TT IMHO. It is similar to the small cellular providers that resell the national networks but under their own brand at a fraction of the cost. People know and like the big names I guess.

-gauss

I used TaxAct for the first time this year and liked it. With no discount, I only paid $21 for Fed efiling and state.

One different I noticed between TA and TT (which I used last year) is that TT printed out worksheets to be kept with one's records (as substantiation during an audit, I presume), while TA did not. Anyone else notice this, or could I have done something wrong?

I always do 2 printouts with TA (at least to PDF).

- the filing printout shows what is transmitted to the IRS
- I then do a "custom" printout and include everything.
This one will be over a hundred pages in length in our case

The custom print may be the feature that you are looking for.

-gauss

Thanks much Gauss. I'll go back and check that.

For large printouts, you can print to a PDF file like CuteWriter. Then just save the file.

I make a paper copy of the actual tax return just so I have something tangible to hold in my quivering little hands. :D

That's exactly what I did, print to a PDF. Have the returns submitted to state/fed printed but didn't want to print out the remaining 167 pages. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom