Zenni Eyeglasses Black Friday Special

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I got an email from Zenni Optical with a coupon code for 25% off for orders of $80 and over. The discount increases to 30% off for orders over $135. This is quite a savings.

The coupon code I received was BF23.

If you were thinking of ordering glasses and you can get it over $80 you can really save some money, assuming the coupon code I used will work for you.

There were no dates attached to the offer, but I assume it will not last forever.

I bought glasses from them recently. Not the cheapest frame or the most expensive. Bifocals with no special coatings, $58 to my door. They are great. I am never paying $300 or more again. ;)

The offers are top of the web page when you log in to zenni.

Getting me some sunglasses...

No more getting glasses online for me. I tried that several months back but know my own limitations. I can't adjust glasses worth a darn and just wouldn't feel right to me to order online then go to a physical store and ask them to adjust for me.

I did get glasses from Osco today. When needing a couple of adjustments, the very capable optician there took out some optician tools and like magic in a matter of minutes made the adjustments. Had I tried myself, I would have goofed things all up.

Like I said, that's a skill I don't have :(.

Thanks for the heads up! Perfect timing.

NOTE: You need to type in the code (in the promo code box) before you get into the payment/address screen.

... Like I said, that's a skill I don't have :(.
WADR when I run up against a situation like this, my reaction is to learn the skill, possibly including buying any necessary tools. These days, YouTube videos provide a wealth of knowledge. Amazon has pages of eyeglass adjustment tools. IMO there's just no reason you need to remain helpless.

WADR when I run up against a situation like this, my reaction is to learn the skill, possibly including buying any necessary tools. These days, YouTube videos provide a wealth of knowledge. Amazon has pages of eyeglass adjustment tools. IMO there's just no reason you need to remain helpless.

I tried. Got one of those nose pad pliers. Did a pretty good job deforming the nose pad angles. I figure, my best attempt taking several hours is not as good as a good 10 minutes by a competent optician.

My analogy is does everyone cook a turkey to learn the skill? I think not. Good to know one's own limitations :popcorn:.

Practice makes perfect.

Attachments

• _18587b5e-b505-4933-b829-18d186b9ea8f.jpeg
    _18587b5e-b505-4933-b829-18d186b9ea8f.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 4
Maybe I have a symmetrical "normal" face. The Zenni specs fit me right out of the box. Same as most cheap off the rack sunglasses that ZZ Top told me to buy. :D

I tried. Got one of those nose pad pliers. Did a pretty good job deforming the nose pad angles. I figure, my best attempt taking several hours is not as good as a good 10 minutes by a competent optician.
But his first attempts probably took longer than 10 minutes too. My first attempt at taping sheetrock could be described as disastrous or more charitably, hilarious. But I persisted; now I am only amusing.

My analogy is does everyone cook a turkey to learn the skill? ...
You buy your turkeys precooked? I pulled ours off the smoker about an hour ago. The ham has another hour, after which I will continue to work on my relatively poor turkey and ham carving skills.

^^^

Cooking them is not hard. Use a meat thermometer. Do what the recipe says.

Carving them however, is an art, and I am no artist. :angel:

But his first attempts probably took longer than 10 minutes too. My first attempt at taping sheetrock could be described as disastrous or more charitably, hilarious. But I persisted; now I am only amusing.

You buy your turkeys precooked? I pulled ours off the smoker about an hour ago. The ham has another hour, after which I will continue to work on my relatively poor turkey and ham carving skills.

All depends on how much you want to invest on time and effort. Like, do you make your own clothes? If not, then why not? Get a sewing machine and learn. Or if you don't already do, then why don't you raise backyard chickens? Different strokes.

I think it's cool that you like to DIY for glasses. But don't see that as my thing. Tried it but prefer to not go that route.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom