Thank You On Posts

savory

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Am I clueless. While I have sent thanks to various people on posts, I did not realize that people had sent me a few.

I was just looking around the site and saw the User CP tab. While glancing at the information, I found the 'thank you' responses to some of my posts. :facepalm: I just did not spend the time to investigate the Site.

It was nice to see that some of my responses were helpful. Just wanted to pass this along in case there are others who see this but are as clueless as me.

Am I clueless. While I have sent thanks to various people on posts, I did not realize that people had sent me a few.

I was just looking around the site and saw the User CP tab. While glancing at the information, I found the 'thank you' responses to some of my posts. :facepalm: I just did not spend the time to investigate the Site.

It was nice to see that some of my responses were helpful. Just wanted to pass this along in case there are others who see this but are as clueless as me.
Me either...I also just looked it up. Thanks for the info.

Me four! 25 thanks that I didn't know existed. Apologies to those who "thanked." I have turned on notifications. :blush:

Since so many folks aren't familiar with the "thanks" button, here's the scoop:

The Thanks button is a nice way to show agreement or appreciation for a good post.

Each time you click the [-]thumbs up icon[/-] [thanks button] (located in each post), you have the opportunity to leave a comment which the post author can read.

You can access your own thanks comments in your user cp (click on user cp on the upper nav bar) and the last 30 or so will be displayed in the center section of the page under "Latest Thanks received" You can also see stats about how many times you've been thanked.

You can also go to User CP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notifications and turn on notification whenever someone sends you a thanks.

Last edited:
When I first joined ER, one of the moderators sent me a very nice private message welcoming me to the forum. It took more than a year before I actually noticed it and I was too embarrassed by then to reply. In my defense, this was the first forum that I ever joined so I was a real novice and am not that good with computers anyway.

You can get email notifying you of a thank you. See the CP panel for your options to select this.

I choose to get emails on the threads I've contributed to. Not everyone wants this option.

I never saw those Thank You notes either. Thanks for pointing them out!

I am going to send lots of "Thank Yous" instead of "Likes"

and a note. The Thank You button does not show up on the mobile site (for me anyway) but if you switch to desktop it's there

Add me to the (long?) list of members who never knew about that User CP. I just finished scrolling through all of the thank you's and messages!

Holy cow, I'm embarrassed... Tons of Thank you's in there...

Back
Top Bottom