The Great British Class Calculator

I'm in the "Emergent service workers" class. Maybe because I have friends who are secretaries, farm workers, truck drivers, and electricians. And I don't have friends who are scientists or accountants, or teachers. Pretty far from what I thought.

You would not be able to tell by looking at me, but apparently if I were British I would be "elite." The funniest part is that this is supposedly a hard group to join and most come from money, etc. Well, dad got his GED in the army as an enlisted man...

That and the history of firearms mostly being the province of the nobility in the UK. I think the lack of public land is the main thing. Hunger for land is why the British settled the US, Canuckistan, Australia, etc.

They had Acts of Enclosure in England that meant that regular folks no longer had access to land appropriated by the aristocrats, who then had the privilege of hunting everything on that land.

Inclosure Acts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure what is the fascination with social classes.

I guess I moved up from lower middle class with my parents to upper class, if such a class exists. But deep down in my heart, I still feel middle class. Maybe a sign of why I tend to be frugal.

Not sure what is the fascination with social classes.

I guess I moved up from lower middle class with my parents to upper class, if such a class exists. But deep down in my heart, I still feel middle class. Maybe a sign of why I tend to be frugal.

There is a great deal of hard work and therefore justified pride in being Able to move oneself from relative poverty to financial freedom. I fear for my child and others who never had to go through that. It breeds arrogance (class?), and complacency. On the other hand, the financial security that some of these Gen X,Y,and Zs have in their young careers gives them self confidence (real or perceived), to push boundaries thT you or I may not have been game to, because we feared the economic consequences

Back
Top Bottom