Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
QI is our favorite TV show. Every week when my SO comes over, one of the first things we do is to watch the new episode. Stephen Fry's love of knowledge and language is so infectious. The scoring system is wonderful too - giving points for being interesting instead of merely being correct. The first time I ever watched QI I learnt that in the past, it was thought that blowing smoke up someone's bottom was an effective cure for drowning. There were numerous bellows hanging on nails by the side of the River Thames for this purpose. Apparently, a man had been pulled out of a river once. His lungs were full of water and for some unfathomable reason, someone blew smoke up his bottom and he recovered, hence the ensuing belief that this was a good cure.

After that, we watch "Have I Got News For You" and "Never Mind The Buzzcocks". I don't know what I'd do without the BBC iPlayer.
I'd LOVE to have the iPlayer available. Here in the USA we get the following message: "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only".

We have watch QI on youtube which is far from desirable.

Retired in Jan, 2010 at 55
Now it's adventure before dementia
Alan is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Reminds me of a similar email/FB post about how we used to ride bikes without helmets, ride in cars with no seatbelts, eat lead paint chips for breakfast, play with mercury, and lived to tell about it.
I miss the bike ride without helmets and rolling around in the back of the station wagon without seatbelts. Fun times. Actually playing with mercury was pretty fun too. Doesn't mean it was safe or smart. But it was fun.

growing_older is offline   Reply With Quote