The old snowblower...

I had a Snapper snowblower several years ago. It handled almost every snowfall we had. Only the wettest, deepest snows caused it to bog down a bit. But it was time consuming doing our 800' driveway. So I bought an atv with a plow. The plow is faster and more fun, but the snowblower was great because it blew the snow away from the driveway. The plow takes a while getting the snow off the driveway when it builds up snow banks along the driveway edges.

My snowblower is whatever the green ones Home Depot sells.
12 years and only had one repair - had to free up and grease a spindle.
DW bought it for me after a neighbor 2 years younger than me was found dead at the end of his driveway.
Best $400 ever spent.

I had a Snapper snowblower several years ago. It handled almost every snowfall we had. Only the wettest, deepest snows caused it to bog down a bit. But it was time consuming doing our 800' driveway. So I bought an atv with a plow. The plow is faster and more fun, but the snowblower was great because it blew the snow away from the driveway. The plow takes a while getting the snow off the driveway when it builds up snow banks along the driveway edges.

I would consider a garden tractor mounted snowblower for an 800' driveway.

Great news ... Red lives again $220.00 it turns out it was a valve that wasn't seating hence no horsepower and the slow spinning auger. "These are great machines.. we've seen that problem with the Tecumseh engines before"

God is great!

Edit: just came home from work and Red was waiting for me in the garage. I turned her switch to the on position, primed her with that rubber plunger, set her power to half and yanked away. It started - it hasn't started without the electric start in years. I cranked up the revs and put her in gear.. my god faster than I ever remember.. I turned the gas to the off position and let it run until the fuel line was empty. This weekend it is stabilizer or empty the tank for sure...

Good ole red it's good to have you home.. hey home depot looks like your going to have to wait a while longer!

You know it occurs to me the thought of putting Red to curb was so painful because Red is like me, past his prime, banged up, old but not quite ready to give up the ghost...

Last edited:
Great news ... Red lives again $220.00 it turns out it was a valve that wasn't seating hence no horsepower and the slow spinning auger. "These are great machines.. we've seen that problem with the Tecumseh engines before"

God is great!
I put my self through college fixing lawnmower engines. The Tecumseh engines typically had bad valves - just an inherent design defect. OK, with me though - paid my college tuition.

Back
Top Bottom