The Only Thing I Don't Like About Amazon Prime

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm usually bragging about Amazon Prime for packages.

But ordering on a Friday for a package that arrives on Tuesday (well, sometimes Monday) seems forever :blush:. I want one of them drones to land on my balcony.

I know, the Prime means within two business days, so ordering on Friday and receiving on Tuesday is right. But in my current situation, I'm waiting on a graphics card (which is to replace one I had to return -- I blame that on Dell's website and myself). For some reason, my current graphics card doesn't want to play nice with the computer I'm fixing up.

You're right; it WOULD be nice if we Prime members got a discount on the one day delivery service.

But gosh - - I sure like getting free two day delivery. I have spent so much more on Amazon since I got Prime that it isn't even funny. :2funny:

Today, I got two pairs of shoes that I ordered on Thursday after reading the shoes thread.... :D Delivered by Fedex, too!

I know, the Prime means within two business days, so ordering on Friday and receiving on Tuesday is right.

If I order on Friday, the package almost always arrives on Monday. Makes me so darn happy.:):)

Last edited:

But ordering on a Friday for a package that arrives on Tuesday (well, sometimes Monday) seems forever :blush:. I want one of them drones to land on my balcony.

I know, the Prime means within two business days, so ordering on Friday and receiving on Tuesday is right. But in my current situation, I'm waiting on a graphics card (which is to replace one I had to return -- I blame that on Dell's website and myself). For some reason, my current graphics card doesn't want to play nice with the computer I'm fixing up.

If I order on Friday I almost always get the item next day. Of course the nearest distribution center is about 45 miles away, so that helps.

In Hawaii, there is no way they can honor the 2-days. Sometimes my package gets hung up in Honolulu for 2days alone and finally makes its way to Maui.

My last purchase was ordered on Friday and arrived on Monday.

I had actually thought that I ordered it on Saturday and was surprised with it was in the mailbox on Monday and was thinking "how did they do that" until I saw the Friday order date when I opened the package.

I really like the locker delivery service too -- there's an Amazon locker location fairly close to me.

In Hawaii, there is no way they can honor the 2-days. Sometimes my package gets hung up in Honolulu for 2days alone and finally makes its way to Maui.

#FirstWorldProblems ;)

Even with Prime, I ordered something on Friday, but it won't arrive until tomorrow (Wed).

When Amazon ships via UPS, I'd get the package on Mon or Tue. But the package I'm waiting for shipped FedEx smartpost so it's now at the post office for tomorrow's delivery.

update: Package sorted and scheduled for arrival today :D

Last edited:
Back in the early Prime days, $4 per item got you next day delivery, including ordering on Friday and receiving on Saturday.

Just be glad you even HAVE Amazon! Living in Hawaii back in the Dark Ages, if we special ordered things from the mainland they would take months to arrive because they had to come by ship unless you wanted to spend an arm and a leg for airmail.

Being a teenager in Hawaii would have been a lot more fun with Amazon Prime! :D

Since the beginning of the year, some of my Prime purchases have been delivered late. For example, I ordered an item last Wednesday with a guaranteed delivery on Friday but only got it Monday.

Back
Top Bottom