The "Quit" Heard 'Round the World

+1
Think about it. If you went and used your company's resources to film a video of you quitting, using their property and dancing on their assets, and posted it in public, do you *really* think the company would respond with their own video... or instead haul you to court?

"Your honor, we are here today because this young woman was dancing on my assets."

Smells like a stunt to me as well. An employer would not post a responsive video because it would likely be Exhibit A in any post-termination lawsuit. Maybe she really did quit, but my guess is that her employer knew in advance and wanted her departure to be a final effort on her part to generate Youtube views for the company.

8.5 Million YouTube views later I'd say other people think it was a creative video.
The millenneals are a different breed from the baby boomers.

I count as one of those viewers and I am also a yawn....

Only looked at it because it was here.... it was not that interesting.... some girl dancing (and badly at that).... big deal.....

Just because something has a lot of hits does not make it creative.....

I enjoyed the second video, looked a bit more believable and liked the music from the marching band!

It makes a fun story for nightly news catered to US audience, for sure.

The story is all over Taiwan where she worked for 9 months, and just quit her job. She is back in US now.

"Marina Shifrin is getting paid USD $42K in Taiwan. That's 100K Taiwanese Dollar A MONTH, about how much full professorship at National Taiwan University pays.

So she's getting a fat expat package, took a job in Taiwan (a country known for its work ethics only second to Japan), at a company whose known for making silly videos about news. After only having worked there for 9 months, she's angry because she's not really using her journalism "degree", and that she doesn't have creative input into her job, and that she's working too many hours?"

Below has more including the senior manager who hired her for this job:
Next Media Animation Responds to the Quit Heard 'Round the World

Good rescue job by the company. Now she looks like a spoiled brat.

Back
Top Bottom