The "Quit" Heard 'Round the World

Brilliant :dance:

.... but not terribly clever if she needs to find another job. If I was still working and making hiring decisions I would never hire someone who walked out on a job like this.

I saw this on another website earlier. It is great and very creative. I'd say that's pretty valuable in her field. I bet she can get another job.

Her job was to get videos that generate hits on youtube. If she wants to stay in that line of work, she just hit a homerun that will generate more hits than anything in her work portfolio. Which also goes well with her assertion that creativity could do much better than the stifling corporate policies were letting her.

Here's an even better one! This is becoming a wonderful new genre.

I love these videos! :D They are both braver than I would have been. But still, it was neat to see them doing things at work that most of us only dreamed about, when working.

To each their own, but I didn't find it creative, or inspiring, or much of anything.

So she danced around a bit and whined about her boss? Just didn't do anything for me. A lot of negativity. Who would want to hire her, knowing that she might take to the internet to gripe about any supposed injustices.

So take your supposed talents somewhere where you think they will be appreciated, start your on business, or something. But whining is unbecoming, and pretty common. If you did find a great new job, then just move on.

I'm more interested in the other side of the story, but not that interested.

-ERD50

*yawn* Anyone else getting a bit tired of these "look at me I quit" videos?

Just give me some more videos of monkeys riding cats or something.

*yawn* Anyone else getting a bit tired of these "look at me I quit" videos?
Not me. Folks here probably enjoy those videos and stories more than the average person. :dance: Now, people over at the WtyDD-Forum (Work 'til you drop dead) are probably not big fans. :D

Not me. Folks here probably enjoy those videos and stories more than the average person. :dance: Now, people over at the WtyDD-Forum (Work 'til you drop dead) are probably not big fans. :D

You honestly think this girl is quitting because she has reached FI? You don't think she has 3 cards maxed out, a brand new gold I-phone 5s with a 2 year contract, and is 20 days behind on her apartment rent?

Oh lord, ERD, you are so Old Economy Steve! Haha! That's the point.

Guilty as charged! ;)

But it just didn't strike me as creative. I thought it was pretty boring. I'd feel differently if it struck me as creative, but it was just a yawn, for me. So the content didn't make much difference to me. So she quit, big deal, people do it every day.

Kinda ironic, but it seems her boss was right - hits are more important than content? There was not much content there, IMO.

I love real creativity, this just wasn't it, IMO. Subjective of course.

-ERD50

8.5 Million YouTube views later I'd say other people think it was a creative video.
The millenneals are a different breed from the baby boomers.

8.5 Million YouTube views later I'd say other people think it was a creative video.
The millennials are a different breed from the baby boomers.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Case in point.
As a Gen Xer, I'm just trying to keep up with the whippersnappers. But the boomers are stubbornly sticking to their "not fun" label.

The millenneals are a different breed from the baby boomers.

And McDonald's has sold over 300 Billion burgers. Popularity does not equate with creativity.

-ERD50

I didn't care much for video No. 1 - just some not-pretty girl twerking her bottom around to hip-hop. Yawn.

But No. 2? I LOVED it. I so wish I had a band, who could lay down the tuba and drums as I depart!

Amethyst

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Case in point.
As a Gen Xer, I'm just trying to keep up with the whippersnappers. But the boomers are stubbornly sticking to their "not fun" label.

I can relate to this quote from the Simpsons Grandpa " I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you... "

Has anybody verified that she really quit? Could it be that her employer assigned her to do this?

I guess I am looking outside the nine dots, and do not necessarily take everything at face value.

Last edited:
Has anybody verified that she really quit? Could it be that her employer assigned her to do this?

I guess I am looking outside the nine dots.

My first thought is always that there might be a set-up, but I still enjoy some of them.

The video a huge deal, like 8 million hits. Her employer has even put out a "revenge" video to answer to it. Pretty sure she quit, but she did call him to tell him about the video before she posted it.

And who would verify it? Like follow her home? :)

While I thought the employer's response video was great, it does lead me to suspect that both were carefully planned PR moves by a company that produces web content. Even the sole reason the employee supposedly quit (the boss cares more about clients) smells.

I guy I used to work with had a plan to hire the GA State Marching Band if he hit some big lottery and march them around the building and into the boss's office.

Just about any kind of job quitting gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Quitting with fanfare is downright orgasmic.

Of course there is the old Johnny Paycheck song "Take this Job and Shove it" (from 1977) now that is a real way to quit.

While I thought the employer's response video was great, it does lead me to suspect that both were carefully planned PR moves by a company that produces web content. Even the sole reason the employee supposedly quit (the boss cares more about clients) smells.
+1

This is what is known as a "viral marketing campaign", to generate interest/buzz around a company.

Think about it. If you went and used your company's resources to film a video of you quitting, using their property and dancing on their assets, and posted it in public, do you *really* think the company would respond with their own video... or instead haul you to court?

Back
Top Bottom