The Tipping Point

MDJO

Recycles dryer sheets
I think I've reached it. I have been saying all along that I could RE anytime starting this January. I think I have reached the point with my j*b that I'm ready to play the Johnny Paycheck song. I am excited and scared at the same time.

Any words of encouragement out there? I'm afraid I will chicken out.......:facepalm:

I think I've reached it. I have been saying all along that I could RE anytime starting this January. I think I have reached the point with my j*b that I'm ready to play the Johnny Paycheck song. I am excited and scared at the same time.

Any words of encouragement out there? I'm afraid I will chicken out.......:facepalm:

It gets even better after you forget everyone's names that used to seem so damn important. :dance:

In a few months, you'll be wondering what took yourself so long to make the leap of faith.

Tomorrow marks 2 years from my last day at w*rk. I have not regretted my decision for one nanosecond during that time. I still haven't figured out how I ever had time to w*rk. There is more than enough to do every day. And a 95% reduction in stress, which makes everything even better.

MDJO, your post reminds me of how I was feeling around this time in 2008 as the final pieces of my ER plan fell into place, especially the very last piece at the end of September. It was like a bell went off in my head which told me, "NOW you can make the leap!" I ran the numbers over and over and over, scanning them every day to make sure I could DO this as I wrote up my brief resignation letter, presenting it to my boss on the afternoon of September 30th, 2008 [EDIT - with an actual separation date of October 31, 2008], a day to remember...... :)

Last edited:
I know how you feel as I finally had it and announced my retirement almost two weeks ago. I have two work days left. Have been feeling better ever since the announcement. If fact as I wrote my resignation I could feel the relief. Looking forward to the land of no Mondays!!!

Tomorrow marks 2 years from my last day at w*rk. I have not regretted my decision for one nanosecond during that time. I still haven't figured out how I ever had time to w*rk. There is more than enough to do every day. And a 95% reduction in stress, which makes everything even better.

+1. If you have the financial stuff taken care of, and you have thought about how you will spend your time in retirement, by all means do it. You only live once, and none of us are getting any younger. I've been retired for 2 1/2 years now, and I've loved every minute of it. I have plenty of interesting things to keep me occupied, my health is better than ever, and the stress is gone. It's a great life.....

MDJO, this JoeW here is feeling much like you. This Jan I get my only benefit, and that is to pay full price into MegaCo's health plan. Not cheap, but it is a good plan and has no restrictions.

2 years ago I really was hearing Johnny Paycheck singing. But in a twist of irony, the j*b has turned around and I'm actually enjoying it. With FI, I can actually smile at the craziness. I'm ironically more effective now.

Still want to RE, but taking this one step at a time as I wind down and figure out what I want to do in RE.

So, thanks for posting. I'm reading the same encouraging words above and trying to rid myself of lingering chicken too.

Back
Top Bottom